Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there used that rear tether anchor for a forward facing child seat. There isn't one in the trunk that I can find, but I have found some info online that says you can install the anchor plate somehow. Below is the part that can be installed.

Is there anyone out there that has done this and can give me some advise on how to do it. Thanks in advance. I took a brief look and did not see any place under the carpet to install the bolt.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-anchor-plate-8889489900?origin=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuvm8_uHt2wIVlSSBCh1JjA9PEAQYASABEgJ1O_D_BwE

·
Registered
336 Posts
Apparently, 2003 I may be the start of only 1st/1.5 gens with car seat anchors in the seats. Nothing in the 2000-2002 from everything I've researched so far and remember from salesman Nissan product information.

There was some interesting comments in this post I thought may be worth reading.
https://www.clubxterra.org/threads/baby-seat.72138/#post-779226

All my kids are grown up and between the ages of 16-21 and the youngest may be able to use an infant carrier as a SHOE! I bitch at the exwife all the time about reading product labels.. it says "One goddamn Flintstone a day!!" ;)

Truly they grow so damn fast...

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Has anyone out there used that rear tether anchor for a forward facing child seat. There isn't one in the trunk that I can find, but I have found some info online that says you can install the anchor plate somehow. Below is the part that can be installed.

Is there anyone out there that has done this and can give me some advise on how to do it. Thanks in advance. I took a brief look and did not see any place under the carpet to install the bolt.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-anchor-plate-8889489900?origin=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuvm8_uHt2wIVlSSBCh1JjA9PEAQYASABEgJ1O_D_BwE
looks like it bolts to the seat belt anchor

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've found the seatbelts are plenty tight for my carseats. Would love to know if you get this retrofit to work for you though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frankly speaking, I wouldn't install the anchor plate somehow because everything you made by yourself can be dangerous because of an unreliable construction. I think that it is better to choose from the beginning of the baby seat you need and do not make any changes to the factory product. Indeed, all the models are simple enough to be installed in the car and there is no necessity in any additional efforts. See the possible models of different baby seats for all the ages on Best Car Seat for 6-Year-Old in 2020 - Reviews and Buyer's Guide maybe you will find the answer to your question there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've found the seatbelts are plenty tight for my carseats. Would love to know if you get this retrofit to work for you though.
I found out that the 2000 model did not have the tether anchor installed but there is a place for the anchor to be installed. You have to remove a bolt that is located under the carpet in the trunk. There is one on each side close to the tie down clips. Be careful if you are removing them though, I snapped the first bolt off. I took more time on the 2nd one and soaked in in PB Blaster before removing it. Here are a couple links for the part.

2000 Nissan Xterra Anchor Plate 88894-89900 | Nissan OEM Parts Direct

Genuine Nissan Anchor Plate 88894-89900 | eBay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frankly speaking, I wouldn't install the anchor plate somehow because everything you made by yourself can be dangerous because of an unreliable construction. I think that it is better to choose from the beginning of the baby seat you need and do not make any changes to the factory product. Indeed, all the models are simple enough to be installed in the car and there is no necessity in any additional efforts. See the possible models of different baby seats for all the ages on Best Car Seat for 6-Year-Old in 2020 - Reviews and Buyer's Guide maybe you will find the answer to your question there.
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts