Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 XE ( 6 cyl - manual trans) last year. Everything is fine. Just out of curiosity I plugged in my scanner to see if there was a history for the Service Engine Light.

There was one active code and that was P0325. BUT, the engine light is not on!
I cleared it, and drove it around, and no light came on. When I plugged the scanner in, P0325 was there again.

So what does that mean? I will be taking the upper intake plenum off soon to fix an oil leak in the driver side valve cover. Is it a bad knock sensor? I don't hear any knocking or pinging. I know it has to do with a knock sensor, but is it sensing something I can't feel, or is it a bad connection, bad sensor, or some fault in the PCM?

I need to decide what to do before I take the plenum off. I would hate to have to do this again because i over looked something!

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
The K/S is bad i would change it when you do the valve cover . You will also need a lower intake gasket,upper intake gasket 2 new hoses in back of intake with clamps and if you have a EGR valve a gasket for it. Don't get a cheep sensor on eBay .

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok may do that during Thanksgiving weekend. Need to change Valve cover gaskets, so will replace KS at the same time... and thanks for the night and day info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts