Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Exterra XE 6 cyl. Manual

Last night my son and I removed the Upper plenum due to an oil leak on valve cover driver side. It was HELL trying to remove the 2 hoses in the back of the plenum. We could not get our hands back there so we ended up cutting the hoses.

This morning we will replace the sparkplugs, fuel pressure regulator and other hoses.

HOW do we get the 2 hoses attached in the back when we put the upper plenum back on?
We are thinking about attaching the hoses while the plenum is loose, but are afraid by moving the plenum around we might damage something.

Any tricks?

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Make sure the 4 new screw clamps can be adjusted with 1/4 socket drive. Put both hoses on the truck side tight the clamps add some grease to inside of intake side slide new clamps on down stream from final position install intake put some bolts in to hold in place work hoses in to intake . Take all your 1/4 inch extensions maybe 2 or 3 and ratchet on passenger side near heat hose and reach from the side all the way to the clamps to tight.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Make sure the 4 new screw clamps can be adjusted with 1/4 socket drive. Put both hoses on the truck side tight the clamps add some grease to inside of intake side slide new clamps on down stream from final position install intake put some bolts in to hold in place work hoses in to intake . Take all your 1/4 inch extensions maybe 2 or 3 and ratchet on passenger side near heat hose and reach from the side all the way to the clamps to tight.
That's pretty much exactly how I did it. Hoses go on the truck first making sure you leave the adjuster nut pointed so you can get in there with an extension AFTER the plenum goes back on. I would do a couple of test fits to make sure you can get to them with the plenum on before next step.

Then one person holds the plenum up while the other looks underneath from the front to drop it onto the hoses. Definitely need to grease them up and it should slide right on. Then drop the intake completely down, align, and tighten up hoses.

If you aligned the plenum side clamps correctly, you should be able to just loosen up those next time to get the plenum off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts