Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2.4" pulley installed finally today, and I must say that it makes the truck feel like it should have come from the factory. Although it definitely does not make the truck feel like a race car by any means, it now feels like it effortlessly pulls the truck up to your desired speed. The most noticeable difference is in part throttle just accelerating from a stop light. Instead of having to give the engine more throttle than you normally feel is necessary, it now feels like any other car and accelerates "confidently" for lack of better words. I would DEFINITELY recommend this modification for anyone and it can be done really easily with the help of a 12 ton shop press you can get at harbor freight for $135. While you're at it, you may as well buy a rebuild kit for the snout of the supercharger off ebay for around $75.

Here is a link to a video of a guy rebuilding the snout on an M90 which is basically the same thing as the M62(just bigger). Honestly, it is absolutely easy as cake if you follow this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7lYCuj4w2Q

I'll let you know more on how this upgrade holds up over time, but at the moment I am quite satisfied. I did crush the original pulley a bit while removing it but oh well, it's in the trash now.

On a side note, I just picked up a Dana 60 front, and a Sterling 10.5" rear axle today. My dad is getting rid of his 39.5" Swampers on his Jeep so, hopefully by mid summer I'll have a nice custom 3 link front and 4 link rear suspension setup. I'll keep you posted on that as well. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, everything is still working great. I have no complaints at all concerning the pulley but you do get used to it fast haha.

The only complaint I have, is that I wish I could slap the engineer(s) that designed this automatic tranny... what a pile.

Anyways, I would definitely still recommend the pulley. It's a fix to a problem that never should have existed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts