Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a source for a "kit" containing a mixed collection of all the various plastic fasteners Nissan used on the 1st gen xterra? I've been buying one fastener style in bulk at a time as I need them, but it sure would be easier if I had at least a few of each style on hand at the start of any given project. Without fail I always break at least one fastener while attempting to remove any given part.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Have you invested in some pb blaster

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
PML, EFan, stock intake mod, shocks, a bunch of maintenance, and a tune up

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
^not going to work on plastic fasteners.

Try NAPA - they have notebooks full of lots of different plastic fasteners.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Believe it or not, some of them it does...or silicone spray

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you invested in some pb blaster
PB Blaster and I are well acquainted! I've still managed to shear off a few bolt heads along the way. :)

I'm taking about all the miscellaneous plastic fasteners used to hold things together.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the ones on the grille are a pain in the a** to get back on. I ended up using zip ties lol sadly I think its more secure than before.
I was checking out what was involved in removing my grill today. Those fasteners along the top are what inspired this post.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ya, I have used pb to help lubricate them coming out is what I meant, obviously can't use it everywhere, but I have had success with stubborn clips that like to break using it or silicone spray

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anybody have a source for a "kit" containing a mixed collection of all the various plastic fasteners Nissan used on the 1st gen xterra? I've been buying one fastener style in bulk at a time as I need them, but it sure would be easier if I had at least a few of each style on hand at the start of any given project. Without fail I always break at least one fastener while attempting to remove any given part.
Five different fastener types involved in attaching a rear end bumper. Two different types of screw, three different plastic parts. I don't quite understand the rationale behind such design decisions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts