Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2000 Xterra SE auto 4wd. Parked for 6 years and only 79k on the clock.

lots to do but started first go in a jump box

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What would the market value of this thing be? We are keeping it, but am definitely curious as to private party value.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,173 Posts
All Gen 1 models have a timing belt. All Gen 2 have a chain.

Your belt is 20 years old but still well within the mileage interval of 105,ooo miles. Don't let that fool ya! Rubber degrades with age, temperature, and stress. Timing belts experience all three of those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will be doing the timing service immediately. Also doing plugs, cap/rotor, wires all other belts. Full fluid replacement including diffs and case. 100% new brakes and shocks. New upper/lower control arms and tie rod ends. Sway end links. What else??

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,173 Posts
While doing the t-belt, a kit will come with a new water pump, since replacing it requires the t-belt to be removed, also get the cam and crank bearing seals, do all of the heater, radiator, and bypass hoses. T-stat. I replaced the harmonic balancer after seeing delamination in the original.

I did all of that on my 2001 a month after buying it, but it also needed the PS hoses replaced due to a severe leak. Doing them with the rad removed is a lot easier! I also replaced all 3 of the fan belts and both tensioners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts