Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I will make this shot and sweet. I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra I bought recently that has a transmission dipstick which I am sure is from another vehicle. It caused me to go crazy for a short while before realizing it was just the wrong damn dipstick causing the previous owner to overfill it causing me to see transmission fluid leak all over every time I drove a few minutes coming. The mystery leak was coming out of the 2 vent tubes on the side of the tranny. I can't find a tranny dipstick anywhere. No one makes em'. Can someone please take there's out and measure it with pictures so I can modify mine and get the proper fluid level in there? It would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I shifted it a bit for the last picture, I think it’s about 26 3/4 inches from top to bottom, let me know if those don’t work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shifted it a bit for the last picture, I think it’s about 26 3/4 inches from top to bottom, let me know if those don’t work
Thank you so much man! Those are very helpful. I think they put a toyota stick in there, hopefully I can modify it to work.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well that’s stupid of them. I will say though that my level has always been high, and it hasn’t seemed to be an issue. It was high when I got it, I drained it through the plug and put back in as much as came out and it’s still above the indicator levels, but it shifts fine and I haven’t paid much attention to it. So hopefully yours will be alright!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that’s stupid of them. I will say though that my level has always been high, and it hasn’t seemed to be an issue. It was high when I got it, I drained it through the plug and put back in as much as came out and it’s still above the indicator levels, but it shifts fine and I haven’t paid much attention to it. So hopefully yours will be alright!
Ah ship, just measured and the one I have is only about 22 inches...nothing I can do bout that.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Ah ship, just measured and the one I have is only about 22 inches...nothing I can do bout that.
honetsly that looks like the 4 cylinder version of the dipstick and you likely have the v6 i'd swing by a junkyard and grab one p/n for 4 cylinder 2000 auto dipstick is 11140-3S502
p/n for v6 is 11140-4S100 or 31086-4S100 for manufacture dates between 05/1999-10/2000 or 31086-4S105 for manufacture dates of 10/2000-07/2001 i'd call a dealer with your vin number and get the OEM number your truck needs then call local junkyards and see if they have any

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
honetsly that looks like the 4 cylinder version of the dipstick and you likely have the v6 i'd swing by a junkyard and grab one p/n for 4 cylinder 2000 auto dipstick is 11140-3S502
p/n for v6 is 11140-4S100 or 31086-4S100 for manufacture dates between 05/1999-10/2000 or 31086-4S105 for manufacture dates of 10/2000-07/2001 i'd call a dealer with your vin number and get the OEM number your truck needs then call local junkyards and see if they have any
Thanks for the info. Are you saying that this engine oil dipstick would work on the tranny? Amazon.com: 1999-2004 Nissan Xterra Frontier 3.3L Oil Level Indicator Dipstick OEM NEW 11140-4S100: Automotive would

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
no you need the tranny dipstick, call a nissan dealer with your vin# have them give you the oem part number that fits your truck then use it to crossreference parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no you need the tranny dipstick, call a nissan dealer with your vin# have them give you the oem part number that fits your truck then use it to crossreference parts
Thank u. I called and they said its a discontinued part but I searched eBay and found it. 😄

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Thank u. I called and they said its a discontinued part but I searched eBay and found it. 😄
No problem thats why i love this forum were all here to help each other. You will find many 1st gen parts are discontinued not exactly sure why they arent just limited stock since many of the parts fit 96-99 pathfinders and 96-04 frontiers snd xterras and tons are still on the road.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Had an ECM for a 2007 was discontinued this week. Many 2008s are discontinued. I regularly run into engine room harness damage and most of the frontier/xterra harnesses are discontinued. I tried to buy factory wiper blades for my wife’s 2015 armada and they were discontinued. No supercession, no cross-reference, just gone. 04-12 armada blades still exist and use the same inserts so I picked up a pair of those. The truck was out of 3/36 warranty in July and there’s parts discontinued.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Had an ECM for a 2007 was discontinued this week. Many 2008s are discontinued. I regularly run into engine room harness damage and most of the frontier/xterra harnesses are discontinued. I tried to buy factory wiper blades for my wife’s 2015 armada and they were discontinued. No supercession, no cross-reference, just gone. 04-12 armada blades still exist and use the same inserts so I picked up a pair of those. The truck was out of 3/36 warranty in July and there’s parts discontinued.
damn thats quick, wonder why they discontinue so quickly? guess just not enough sales volume to make the manufacture and shipping off them worthwhile. most people i know buy aftermarket wipers anyway i never buy dealer wipers as i can get far better qulaity for less money elsewhere, dont get me wrong the dealer/factory ones are good just not the best out there. bosch icon and latitudes have lasted me the longest so far currently running rain x silblade wich is a silicone tipped rubber wiper blade and so far have over a year and no noticeable wiper degradation even in the texas heat

·
Registered
191 Posts
The factory blades tend to last about three years. I warranty very few. The inserts cost me $7 each, the whole blade was $10. Autozone shows Bosch icon at $25. I’d rather pay $14 for a pair of good blades than $50 for a pair of great ones. And we have rain, snow and heat in Colorado so they need to work well

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
The factory blades tend to last about three years. I warranty very few. The inserts cost me $7 each, the whole blade was $10. Autozone shows Bosch icon at $25. I’d rather pay $14 for a pair of good blades than $50 for a pair of great ones. And we have rain, snow and heat in Colorado so they need to work well
ive had bosch icons last over 6 years though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts