Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front sway bar end links and front bushing are getting a swap out. Is it required to jack up the front end to take off the tension to remove all the hardware?

Also, anyone know the size bolts for the stock skid plate? (for a 2000 X).

·
Registered
204 Posts
No, you can swap them out on the ground. 10mm

10mm head size but what is the actual thread size for those? I bought some M8's that were too small and M10 looks to big?
Not really sure. Lowe's has threaded sleeves they use to determine thread size. Talk to someone in fasteners/hardware. Thats what i always do when i cant find a thread size. Do you still have the OEM ones?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
10mm head size but what is the actual thread size for those? I bought some M8's that were too small and M10 looks to big?
Have you removed the bolts yet? I had to sawsall mine off because the sleeve was frozen.
I ended up ditching the front and rear sway bars, makes for a very smooth ride. I've actually had people complement me on the ride.

Just take them off.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you removed the bolts yet? I had to sawsall mine off because the sleeve was frozen.
I ended up ditching the front and rear sway bars, makes for a very smooth ride. I've actually had people complement me on the ride.

Just take them off.
Im actually talking about the bolts that hold the skid plate in. The X didn't have one when I bought it so not sure what thread size.

I actually had a frozen sleeve as well, but my cutoff wheel made quick work of that end link.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Im actually talking about the bolts that hold the skid plate in. The X didn't have one when I bought it so not sure what thread size.

I actually had a frozen sleeve as well, but my cutoff wheel made quick work of that end link.
Oh, I want to say they were 10mm metric standard threads, the few times I took them off before tossing the skid plate for oil changes, yeah, my x has never been offroad

Just by memory M10 1.5 bolt, pick one up at home depot. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread, but while changing out my steering stop caps, I noticed my front sway bar links have a lot of free play. I can move them up and down about 1/2 inch. Is that normal?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.