Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 questions

1) Is it true that 265/70/15 tires are out of production?
2) Are the factory wheels prone to cracking?
3) Is an upgrade to 16 inch wheels the best answer?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Talus

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
839 Posts
Tirerack.com shows at least 8 available options for 265/70/R15

I’ve never seen the OE wheels crack

Replacing your wheels is not always an upgrade. Make sure they fit well and are durable. Many need different lug nuts and some even need new studs. Quality wheels are expensive

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,319 Posts
There was a recall on the 2000, and 2001 IIRC, snowflake aluminum rims due to cracking, mine were replaced when it was just under a year old with no cracks. Now that said I’ve never seen one crack and the dealer had not either and I’d wager 90% of the snowflake rims you see are replacements from the recall and I beat the crap out of mine wheeling them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Replacing your wheels is not always an upgrade. Make sure they fit well and are durable. Many need different lug nuts and some even need new studs. Quality wheels are expensive
Thanks for the reply. Id certainly prefer to stay with factory sizes, just wasnt sure if the dealer was blowing smoke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

There was a recall on the 2000, and 2001 IIRC, snowflake aluminum rims due to cracking, mine were replaced when it was just under a year old with no cracks. Now that said I’ve never seen one crack and the dealer had not either and I’d wager 90% of the snowflake rims you see are replacements from the recall and I beat the crap out of mine wheeling them.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts