Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking at two different Xterra Pro-4X vehicles here is the rundown.

2011 Xterra Pro-4X White Manual Transmission 52,025 miles
2014 Xterra Pro-4X White Auto Transmission 46,340 miles

I'm very new to Nissans I've pretty much been in BMWs(car) or Toyotas(truck/suv) all my life. After test driving the 2011 I quickly fell in love with the vehicle and it's fit for what I need is almost completely spot on. The only issue I ran into here was the dealer wasn't really wanting to work with me much on the price.

After searching a little bit more I found a 2014 with lower mileage, and auto transmission, and a slightly lower price.

So my question here is from a reliability stand point do the auto transmissions in the newer Xterras have many major issues that I need to be aware? Also if you were making the choice on each vehicle which would you tend to lean towards and why? The 2014 is about 1500 cheaper than the 2011 and ~6k miles less. Personally I can say I would much rather have the manual but it goes up and over the budget I really want to stay within however I'm not completely opposed to spending the extra money especially if the manual transmission is more reliable.

Thanks for your help guys/gals, hopefully one of these vehicles will end up in my driveway within the week!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Autos have no real issues.
But I would buy the manual.... the reason I own an Xterra is becouse manual is availible.
I went wheeling this weekend and most of the X where stick :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts