Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a road trip and something odd just happened. We stopped and i went to take the key out but it wasnt in park so I put it in park and took the key out. My foot was still on the brake and I immediately noticed all the warning lights and gauges were still on. I took my foot off the brake and they extinguished. Put my foot back on, the gauges energized and I cranked the car and it turned but didn't start. Tried again and it started. I continued this process and it seemed to start/not start intermittently. Tried finding some info on the forum but didnt come across anything.

I decided to go out and knock some relays around and the issue seemed to go away but i have about 1500 miles to drive in a couple days and I dont have time to mess around once I hit the road.

Lastly, before this the only light i had was the blinking airbag and the pass airbag off light which i periodically clear because it's annoying. There was no check eng light when the car wasn't starting.

If anyone has seen this or knows what it is your help will be appreciated endlessly! Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just drove it again for about 30 minutes and when I turned it off it was beeping and all the dash lights were illuminated until i took my foot off the brake. Then it would crank endlessly and not start.... Also it wont beep when I lock it but I dont know if thats related. I think one of the door switches is going bad but that is intermittent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts