Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 08 had the Strawberry mix happen like 1 month after I got it. I caught it almost immediately and fixed the issue there, flushed tranny good and been driving it for about a year with no issues whatsoever. I mean this thing drove like new basically. Wife had it out and it felt like it got hung in 3rd or 4th trying to take off at a stop light. Immediately pulled over. I come and pick it up, took it home and parked it. flushed tranny again and fluid come out to my surprise clean, I was expecting loads of clutch material and basically was looking for clarification before I swap this trans out. I mean super clean. I pull the valve body completely and still, absolutely no signs of major failure like I have seen in transmissions in the past. Should I replace the tcm entirely? Or do I need to change what I believe is a sensor on the tcm? One video says the turbine sensor is this circled grey piece I have posted. And another person says it's the red/white wire following to a sensor located at the rear of the trans.

And as a side note. Other than the codes thrown and the trouble she had. when I picked it up and drove it home. the only issues I
can feel are occasionally it was a shifting a little hard. but it still drove fine as far as no slipping or jumping.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts