Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago, I sold my slightly modded 04 Mustang GT to get a new 08 xterra S 2wd. I have missed being able to add horsepower, I havent been able to find very many mods for my xterra. Sofar I have a K&N CAI and flowmaster on my xterra. I have a TB spacer and superchips cortex that will be delivered later this week.

Are there any bolt on mods that I can do to gain more performance/power? What rear end gear ratio is recommended? Are pulleys available? Do they make larger diameter throttle bodys/upper intake, as well as upper intake spacers? I'm going to shy away from headers for now.

If these are available, I would greatly appreciate a link to the companies that sell them.

Thanks in advance!

·
Can't Stop The X!!!
513 Posts
idk anything about superchips but a guy on thenewx.org just fried his X's computer because of a superchip

·
Registered
75 Posts
i dont know how to post links but wrp makes intake manifold spacers and pulleys im pretty sure anyway prolly just google it and ive been running superchips since day one on my truck never a problem plus they have warranty

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm running SuperChips 87 octane perf tune and it made a BIG difference in my performance. Getting a Flowmaster next week. I just have to decide between the 40, 44, and 50 series...which one do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No clue...I went to the muffler shop and they installed a flowmaster. The documentation didnt specify. I need to call and ask.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have the 40 series it sounds good better than the magnaflo on my last truck

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running SuperChips 87 octane perf tune and it made a BIG difference in my performance. Getting a Flowmaster next week. I just have to decide between the 40, 44, and 50 series...which one do you have?
Hey there muscle geek. i have a flow master series 40. i used for couple of months now and it sounds just great. i do not know about the othr brands though. it is a little bit loud and anyone who you are passing by can notice it. if you are just needing a muffler iam selling mine. i poseted mine on classfields. no one noticed or wants one yet so i still have it. iam selling it because i will install a magnaflo cat back. oh yea and also get dough thouroly headrs. they say its th ebest headers out there. ill keep you guys posted of what i think and i totaly recoment u go for the flowmaster 40, if u want mine you are more than welcome :). but it wont make that difference that will keep you on the edge of your seat. mostly sound little bit of performance and loud loud loud specially on 2 to 3 rpms if u have a cai it will kick in after 3

·
Registered
79 Posts
Actually just settled on the 40 series delta flow. A little less resonance and it's the 4".
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts