Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Xterra and when I bought it last year ai had 2 of the catalytic converters changed. When the shop removed and replaced them they cut the wiring harness to one of my 02 sensors. I know that because my check engine light came on for that reason and I had a mechanic look under the truck. He said it's about a 6ft wiring harness that connects to an 02 sensor on the driver's side. I'm trying to order the harness but don't know exactly what to ask for. Any ideas?

· Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
3,220 Posts
It depends on whether they cut the actual harness that is part of the vehicle (most likely) or the wire between the harness plug and the O2 sensor itself (less likely).

What you need is to find a "pigtail" connector that the O2 sensor plugs into, not a replacement connector for the O2 sensor itself. One will be male, the other female, so there's no switching them around.

I suggest making a trip to the junkyard and cutting the appropriate one from a vehicle there, then you or your mechanic add it back to the vehicle and plug that thing back in. It's just a couple of wires, but it needs to be repaired in a way that is permanent and won't cause issues at some point later on.

· Registered
03 XE AT w/JDM VG + SC, AC UCA & BL
2,120 Posts
There’s not a specific harness for these sensors. I believe these are both part of the “F” harness. This part is very possibly discontinued so you may need to repair it or get pieces from a junkyard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts