Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK have a quick question I bought the leaf spring with a 1.5 in lift I believe they are arb I also bought the 5100 my question is what height should I set the shocks to balance out the lift in the rear should the front be set to 1.5 or 2in thanks

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
OK have a quick question I bought the leaf spring with a 1.5 in lift I believe they are arb I also bought the 5100 my question is what height should I set the shocks to balance out the lift in the rear should the front be set to 1.5 or 2in thanks
You want the nose ~ 1 - 1.5" lower than the butt.

Assuming that's what you had before messing with the height, if you lift the rear 1.5", lift the front 1.5" too.

As to using front shocks with a height rest to set ride height...that's a terrible idea. It means you are screwed out of uptravel/articulation.

Is the lift just for show, or did you intend to off road with it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My leaf spring broke in the rear the only one I could get was the arb which add 1.5 in in the rear I the ordered the blinsteins 5100 shocks which have the adjustment from 1 to 2 in in the front should I just leave the shocks in the front to stock height settings

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Well, if the butt goes up ~ 1.5", you'll be ~ 1.5" higher in back than you are now.

I'd have gotten the less expensive shocks than the ones with the ring, but, I guess if you have it all, set it to match the 1.5" in back you added.

1) Measure from the step fronts and rears, to the ground...note it...before you mess with the heights.

2) Add the rear leaves, re-measure, see what you have at all 4 corners again (At steps)

3) If the front ends up 1.5" lower than the butt, leave it as is.

4) If the front is too low, raise it until its ~ 1.5" lower than the butt.

>:D

PS - Do you air down for the sand?

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
OK thanks it depends how soft the sand is but most of the time I air down
Do you have a compressor/way to air up, or is there a inflation place at the exit, etc?

AND

Your sig area says you have a 2001, but your question, etc, is for a 2005?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.