Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here.
Looking for some help regarding the climate control on my wife's xterra.
No heat when warmed up, I bled and burped the system many times and came to the conclusion that this was not the problem.
The tstat seems ok.
I removed the entire dash and related materials to access the blend door actuator located on the very top of the air box and directly in front of the r/h side of the stereo and right up against the firewall. I removed the blend door actuator (electrical, not vacuum).
The coolant lines (both) are hot going in and coming out of the heater core.
With the actuator removed and engine warmed up I can reach in and manually turn the blend door ccw and instantly have heat, turn it cw and obviously cold air. I ordered a new actuator from Nissan and replaced a lite while ago. When i start the vehicle I have heat and then it goes cold.
I tried phasing the motor coupler to the blend door at zero and 180 degrees.
I tried installation of the actuator with the blend door closed and open and no difference.

As mentioned above, if I manually turn the blend door I have heat or cool. With the actuator hooked up I have none.
I have verified the actuator turns when I change the climate control knob.
I have verified coolant flow through the heater core .
I have verified the heater core is not plugged.
I have bled/burped the system multiple times.
I have replaced the blend door actuator with a new unit from Nissan.
I have verified the wire connections on the back of the climate control and actuator.

The actuator seems to not be turning the blend door properly.

The only other item I can think of would be the climate control knob. What are the symptoms of these going bad?
Any advise would be appreciated. Happy wife, happy life kinda thing, (she likes a heater this time of the year for some reason) lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have it fixed now. I unhooked the battery for a while and when I started it it works, Kind of. The climate control appears to be faulty because as long as I don't turn it all the way to cold or hot it works great. If I go 2-3 clicks past that in either direction it goes back to cold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts