Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a sleek de-badged grille for the new X and have not found what I am looking for. I seem only to be able to find add-ons that are flashy and attach to the existing grid. I wanted something tough and rugged.

A trip to Lowes, $25, and 3 hours later this is what I have:

It is all steel and believe it or not, it weighs less than the factory plastic that is now on my shop floor.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
I Like It.............

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Thanks. On a 1-10 scale, this is about a 3. Scary to start with because of all the cutting, but simple to do after that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
meXTERRA said:
I am currently working on the same thing. This is the one from my Sentra back in '01. Used gutter gaurd from Home Depot.
Nice and shiny. I couldn't find any gutter guard that was wide enough for this project. I just checked at sLowes though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update

I have now replaced the emblem on the new mesh, but it is painted satin black too. The outer shell is at the body shop to be painted to match the body. This will be a totally new look. I will post pics asap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update as Promised

I just got back from the local body shop and went straight out to put the grille shell back on. Add another $35 to the cost of this project. I am done with it at this point.

This has been a big past few days. Sliders, Front Bumper, and new Grille. A totally different look.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think it looks super good!!! I love the white in the bumper where the grey was...... Two thumbs up!!! :thumbsup-big: :thumbsup-big:

·
ClubX Administratorator
1,777 Posts
White05 said:
That stuff looks nice. If it is not wide enough, you can get bulk material from the GRILLE GUY link that HDFireMedic Posted on Page 1 of this thread. He sells many varieties by the square foot, and he will cut it to size. I haven't used him, but I did check out his site.
meXTERRA said:
Yeah, that is the problem I am having. I may have to weld two pieces together. My brother in law works at a fabrication shop and wants me to pick out from this stuff and he will get it:

http://www.mcnichols.com/products/expanded/lancet/
Just go to home depot to the barbque section and get some replacement grate.. i think its either 24" or 30" square.

Thats what I used for this:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Options

meXTERRA said:
Yeah, that is the problem I am having. I may have to weld two pieces together. My brother in law works at a fabrication shop and wants me to pick out from this stuff and he will get it:

http://www.mcnichols.com/products/expanded/lancet/
That stuff looks nice. If it is not wide enough, you can get bulk material from the GRILLE GUY link that HDFireMedic Posted on Page 1 of this thread. He sells many varieties by the square foot, and he will cut it to size. I haven't used him, but I did check out his site.

·
Registered
35 Posts
grille

White05 said:

It should be wide enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts