Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am 19 and have a 2004 Xterra 2WD and it makes rumbley noises when it starts in the morning on my way to school and vibrates more than normal. It also shakes a lot when I come up to a stop light and idle for a minute. It idles at just under 1000 rpms and then the needle will wiggle and drop a bit and the whole car shakes for a second then it comes back up to normal and then does it again. We had the timing belt and water pump changed by the dealer at 124k (aug 2015) and now it has 140k (feb 2016). The battery died back in jan 2016 and got replaced and that had no effect on the problem. It started around 136k (right around new years). It also seems like it really struggles going up hills even kinda little ones...

My dad has no idea what it could be and Ive had it back to the dealership and they have no idea.

Any ideas?
I mostly use my Xterra to drive back and forth to school (15 miles total) or towing a light boat trailer (900lbs) and that only like 200 miles a year.

Please Help!:crying:
Abby

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi, Abby

I had similar issue when I first got my 01. Have you or your dad tried replacing the fuel filter? I replaced mine and added a fuel line additive/cleaner and it helped a lot. You should also check the plugs and wires. Hope this helps.

Luis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts