Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching, but I couldn't find the exact answer to this question.

I pulled out the interior to get to my rear speakers and found that the previous owner of my X pulled the speakers out and took the bolts/screws with them. If I'm going to put some new 6x9s in there, I'm probably going to need those. What size are they?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Standard sheet metal screws, I'm not sure what size...you can go to a JY and pull a bunch...that's what I would do

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured as much. Now that I'm thinking about it a bit more, I'm going to be putting in some 3/4" speaker spacers to fit my 6x9s, so the stock screws probably wouldn't go all the way through anyway.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Hope they don't have a tweeter or 3/4" might be rubbing on the grill. I know i used 3/8" foam baffles on mine and the tweeter just clears. The rears are really size sensitive, not just any 6x9 will fit back there. I had to return a few.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/PIONEER-TS-D6902R-360W-SPEAKERS-PAIR/dp/B00126KFVU[/ame]

I don't have the specs in front of me, but if they don't fit with the spacers, then I'll know to never trust Amazon's "this fits your car" thing ever again.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/PIONEER-TS-D6902R-360W-SPEAKERS-PAIR/dp/B00126KFVU

I don't have the specs in front of me, but if they don't fit with the spacers, then I'll know to never trust Amazon's "this fits your car" thing ever again.
Tough to say, the deepest crutchfield shows is a 3" depth 6x9. And yeah you gotta take this with a grain of salt. They think oh its a 6x9 it will fit a 6x9 hole. You may be able to get away with some plastic 1/2" washers to help space it out. but whats behind there is your fender so theres no real wiggle room for depth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.