Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m interested in buying an 02 Xterra S/C and will probably own it by the end of the day. The only issue is that it needs a new supercharger. If I went with bigger than stock will that cause me any issues? Would I need to tune the engine to adjust for added air? Just trying to get some options! Thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
That would mean buying a used one and taking your chances with it (cost will be around $500 or so) or get a remanufactured unit, which I usually see for around $1200, or a new OEM that will be around $2200 to $2500.

Depending on what is actually wrong with the super charger and how handy you are, there are rebuild kits available on ebay for $120 to $200. These kits are used to rebuild the snout of the supercharger and include the bearings etc.. You can do a search online to see what's involved, though you may not find a video of the exact same supercharger, they are fairly similar.

Just make sure you know what you're getting into since without a supercharger it will likely just run in limp mode.

I've never seen anyone convert to a NA, but I suppose that could be done with an entire new intake and a new ECM, but let's face it... At that point you might as well just get another supercharger.

Also be aware that the SC model does get worse mileage (YES it is actually possible to get worse mileage on an Xterra!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts