Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 3.3L 4x4 XE and I'm getting a P0744 code. From a dead stop and in the drive gear, I get real high rpms and then a hard shift going into second and again when going into third. @65 mph I'm at about 5500 rpm, 4500 rpm @ 50 to 55, and just high rpm in general. In drive, I get up to 35 mph at about 3000 rpms, but down to idling speed when I let go of the accelerator. I get the best performance when I manually go from first to second and then into drive. And the tranny doesn't catch when I slam on the gas, but shifts hard when I let go. I've scanned it at autozone and got the P0744 code. Their code reads "A/T servo valve solenoid circuit malfunction" the definition says "code P0744 indicates that the torque converter clutch solenoid electrical circuit was intermittent for a predetermined period of time."
I'm thinking about flushing the tranny and replacing the filter and testing the resistance of the torque converter clutch solenoid before I pay for a new solenoid, and maybe even getting a solenoid from a salvaged tranny. What do y'all think? I need opinions

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sounds like you're on the right path...that's where I would start...oh and adding an external tranny cooler token while I was at it

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
177 Posts
He meant that you should add an external transmission cooler when you decide to do the flush. Token must be a typo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.