Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new here.. just bought an 02 Xterra ( for a great price) and need o2 sensor and maybe knock sensor,,
White smoke when i crank it then stops smoking while driving until heavy acceleration up hill... Also just cut off when i put it in park
PLEASE HELP..... and thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
How does your MAF look? An $8 bottle of cleaner is a good option to check out. Smoking at start sounds like it could be Valve Stem Seals. Does it smoke at every start up, or after it sits for several hours?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only had it for 1 day. .. smoked pretty good for about first 5 minutes of driving then shut off when I stppped and put it in park. Ran great on the interstate on the way home. But it is a good bit of white smoke
Taking it to the shop today I guess!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Only had it for 1 day. .. smoked pretty good for about first 5 minutes of driving then shut off when I stppped and put it in park. Ran great on the interstate on the way home. But it is a good bit of white smoke
Taking it to the shop today I guess!
Check your coolant level.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well problem solved..... Having a new engine installed this week... Turns out the motor was blown!!!
Now on to finding roof wind dam and rail decals to replace faded ones!!!

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
You can order new decals here from Creepy Cruiser he has any replacement decals for the x plus others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts