Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i already own a 2002 nissan xterra. I’ve worked on a little but i’ve found a 2001 4x4 sitting on some friends land. It’s been there for about 2 years and it’s in pretty good condition interior wise. Just wondering how much of a pain in the ass it would be to try and get it running again.I havnt asked much about it just wondering what are some of the things I would need to check for a car that’s been sitting that long and if it’s worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey i already own a 2002 nissan xterra. I’ve worked on a little but i’ve found a 2001 4x4 sitting on some friends land. It’s been there for about 2 years and it’s in pretty good condition interior wise. Just wondering how much of a pain in the ass it would be to try and get it running again.I havnt asked much about it just wondering what are some of the things I would need to check for a car that’s been sitting that long and if it’s worth it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Where has this Xterra been? Is it up north in the salt? A good start is to check the general condition of All things under the hood and underneath the vehicle. Out of control rust underneath can be a real show stopper.

·
Registered
2002 Xterra SE, Shock Blue, AT/4x4
36 Posts
Change the oil and give it fresh gas. Let it crank a few times before letting is start to prime the oil system, maybe by pulling the fuel injection fuse? Crank it up and see what happens! Who knows, but there's likely a reason it's been sitting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts