Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I just picked up a 2001 Xterra SE with 120,000 miles in very good shape for $3250! It will be used as a commuter and camper/hauler. No repairs needed, but it is due for a timing belt.

I shift through vehicles, so I think this will be my seventh small SUV in 20 years? Previous rigs include a '89 Montero (bumpers, suspension, storage, rear locker), '95 Geo Tracker 2-door (OME suspension, armor), '97 4Runner (bumpers, OME suspension, storage, dual lockers, winch), '99 Tracker 2-door ZR2 (no mods), '97 Cherokee XJ (bumpers, OME suspension, and gave up because I just didn't groove on the Jeep), and '01 Tracker 4-door (OME suspension, winch, and rust management).

We'll see where I go with this truck. The inner voice is calling for 235/85R16 BFG AT KO2s, lift, and some armor. The kids are in college so I need to keep the cost down.

Wish me luck!

Jay in MN

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm considering the 265/75R16 T/A KO2's which have an overall diameter of 31.6" vs the 31.7" the tires you mentioned. Is there a particular reason you're wanting to go with the narrower tire?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm considering the 265/75R16 T/A KO2's which have an overall diameter of 31.6" vs the 31.7" the tires you mentioned. Is there a particular reason you're wanting to go with the narrower tire?
Less wt and rolling resistance. I've run narrower tires in the past and they've done just fine. And I like the old-school camel trophy look. :)

I am also looking at the General AT2 and Cooper AT3s, both have the 235/85. The positive review of the Coopers on Expedition Portal is swaying me in that direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts