Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done a power steering fluid flush on a first gen Xterra?. Any pointers or is there any easy way to do it?. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine leaks, so I just top it off. That’s my flush! But if it didn’t leak, I would buy a $2 turkey baster and suck out what’s in the reservoir, squirt it into a scrap bottle, refill the reservoir, run engine, turn wheel left and right to circulate fluid, then suck it out again. Easier and simpler than disconnecting hoses

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can disconnect the rubber return to the reservoir and put in a bucket/bottle. Cap off the bottom of the reservoir. Then run the engine and pour in the fresh fluid, have someone turn the wheels, it will pump all the old fluid out. Don't let the reservoir get low or it will start sucking in air.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can disconnect the rubber return to the reservoir and put in a bucket/bottle. Cap off the bottom of the reservoir. Then run the engine and pour in the fresh fluid, have someone turn the wheels, it will pump all the old fluid out. Don't let the reservoir get low or it will start sucking in air.
Hi, I had a question, where are you saying to pour in fresh fluid if you capped off the bottom of the reservoir?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts