1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been slowly working on finishing rear bumper. Started with 4x4 .188 wall and used 1 1/2 x 3 .188 for the quarter panel wraps. Not a bolt on bumper. Weight is 82lbs. I will post a finished pic when complete

·
Registered
251 Posts
you said it’s not bolt on. guessing it hooks up to the stock hitch receiver?
would beef up the receiver, just my opinion

but this is amazing, love seeing the love and care the rigs are getting

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started as bare frame back there. Added 1/4” wall 2x3 to inside frame rails and plug welded down frame. The wraparound will be welded to frame with 1 3/4” .120 wall round. Pretty much much “that ain’t going nowhere “

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been back to the shop! Hopefully rear links will be done by the end of the week

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Few more bumper pics. Got it put on today. It’s not perfect but I’m happy with it. Tire carrier next along with link mounts

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a little more work completed over the last several days. It appears that Chevy Tahoe springs work out nicely for the Xterra. I ended up with 8” from top of tire to rear fender although I liked the look of 5”. I stopped work and added 280lbs to the back and ended up at 7” so once the fuel cell is complete and full with the tire carrier and 130lbs of tire/wheel I should be around 6 1/2”. Add tools/camping gear it will probably be close to my 5” tire/fender goal. Fuel cell buildup is next…

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rear shocks mounted finally! Started working on installing the front axle. It works out that the square body 10 bolt front is almost a 1/2” narrower than the Tahoe 10 bolt rear. All in all, this has actually been a really easy conversion. I purchased the Shadow Wolf front output transfer-case adapter but it looks as though it is not needed. I will get some pics of the modified transmission crossmember that allows the third link mount to land in the former crossmember place.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts