Gear Shift Selector Back Light - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Haze Grey

2000 Xterra
Haze Grey is on a distinguished road
Gear Shift Selector Back Light

The bulb that lights up the gear shift selections is out on my 2000. How hard is it to get at the bulb to replace it. I'm not mechanically inclined but I can follow directions pretty well. Thanks.
2000 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
soccerbrace
blah blah blah

soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold soccerbrace is a splendid one to behold
Pull off the trim around your shifter. Unplug the light that plugs into the back of the shifter. Put a new bulb in Is it only that bulb?

Photobucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeze View Post
There's only a select few members that don't have a problem cutting up their X... and I believe there all in Colorado.
#3 Old 12-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Haze Grey

2000 Xterra
Haze Grey is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the jump start....it was just that bulb.
2000 Xterra
#4 Old 01-26-2011, 05:19 PM
teXasgal

2009 Xterra
teXasgal is on a distinguished road
SO, there should be a light near the gear shift indicating the gear...Mine is not visible at all at night! I asked the dealer about it, and they said that it doesn't light up (despite my argument that it should).

I saw an Xterra that had put LED's throughout the interior. Do you know what type of LED I would need to get for that particular light? Might as well start somewhere, right?
2009 Xterra
#5 Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 PM
miskywhisky
Phreak

2000 Xterra
miskywhisky will become famous soon enough miskywhisky will become famous soon enough
i'll be damned, i've never seen mine on. But a look in the fsm shows "at device illumination", i'm assuming thats it.
2000 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.