p0505 and p0325 codes - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 PM
x01sd
Noob

2001 Xterra
x01sd is on a distinguished road
p0505 and p0325 codes

I keep having the p0505 and p0325 codes come up on the scanner. It happened right after I replaced the driver side valve cover gasket. The truck runs and idles perfect, no problems at all-ZERO, but I live in cali and it won't pass smog with the ses light on. I've read a few posts on the topic, but no luck.

Things done:
Idle air volume learning (idle was fine before, still ok)
Check timing - ok
Clean MAF sensor
Clean throttle body
Check plugs/connectors
New sparkplugs

It's a 2001 v6 4x4

Last edited by x01sd; 07-17-2013 at 02:01 PM.
2001 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-17-2013, 03:25 PM
jhill15
Addict

2004 Xterra
jhill15 is on a distinguished road
I don't know if this will help and you may have already been to this website but here is what I found based on the codes.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0325

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0505

Hope this will help any

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2004 Xterra
#3 Old 07-17-2013, 06:27 PM
jugrnot

2003 Xterra
jugrnot is on a distinguished road
the knock sensor does not turn the CEL on . It will show if you scan so that might have been bad for a while. I would say the area of attack would be the 0505 code.

However I did just replace the KS on the X this weekend runs a lot better. No pinging when going up hill. Step on the gas she goes. I would not pay a shop to do the job but if you do not feel mechanically inclined dont worry about. Again attack the 0505 code.

Last edited by jugrnot; 07-17-2013 at 06:34 PM.
2003 Xterra
#4 Old 07-18-2013, 12:00 AM
x01sd
Noob

2001 Xterra
x01sd is on a distinguished road
Not worried about the knock sensor as much as trying to clear the p0505 code. Thanks for the links, i've read them before. I have checked everything but the pcm. How do I go about removing it ?
2001 Xterra
#5 Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM
jugrnot

2003 Xterra
jugrnot is on a distinguished road
My X is 03 but the inside should be the same. PCM is located under the radio on the floor board. Start with center console. If memory serves me right start at the back. Screws are by the back of the driver and passenger seats. From there follow the screws. I believe that you will have to remove the radio ( at least for me I would). From there the pcm is the silver box bolted to the floor board.

Just a side note you said that is happen after replacing the driver side valve covers. the plugs (connectors) for the throttle position sensor ( on the throttle body ) are plugged nice in tight or maybe this sensor could be bad ... Just a thought.
2003 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.