Front winch bumper design files - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
johnkoch12
Noob

2000 Xterra
johnkoch12 is on a distinguished road
Front winch bumper design files

Looking for autocad or solidworks files for a front winch bumper design for a 2000 Xterra. My son bounced the truck off the guardrail (not hurt) and I have done the bodywork and air bags but need a bumper to get back on the road... No way I am putting a factory bumper back on: not a fan of beer cans and plastic. All the usual fabricators are months out if they will commit at all, and I am in Canada so there are extra shipping hassles, costs, and delays. I have a plasma cutter and a welder but drawings would save me a bunch of time. Will only build one, and would be glad to pay for the drawings. Thanks, John Koch jkoch@enerdrill.com, 403-519-3837
PS I am a Noob, sorry if this is a duplicate post, thanks to everyone for the great info on these forums
2000 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
maillet282
Veteran

2009 OR Xterra
maillet282 is on a distinguished road
biggest question is where in canada are you located??? there might be sombody local that has an aftermarket bumper that you could get measurments as well
Plus Welcome to the site

build thread:
My 09 Xterra
2009 OR Xterra
#3 Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM
miskywhisky
Phreak

2000 Xterra
miskywhisky will become famous soon enough miskywhisky will become famous soon enough
Yeah i think the few companies that make them are holding on to their plans. They all seem to be mostly similar.
2000 Xterra
#4 Old 02-14-2013, 03:29 PM
NoWhining
Veteran

2003 Xterra
NoWhining is on a distinguished road
Would love to see a set of plans if someone comes across them.

When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Ski There Too!!
2003 Xterra
#5 Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Drew7997
Veteran

2001 XE V6 Xterra
Drew7997 is on a distinguished road
All I have is the rear bumper. Found it on this site IIRC. I'll try to look for front.

Drew
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Xterra Rear Bumper Main.pdf (17.2 KB, 136 views)

My X
2001 XE V6 Xterra
#6 Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 PM
DblBlack26

2003 Xterra
DblBlack26 is on a distinguished road
So I'm considering a DIY winch bumper for my 03. I have TIG and cutting capabilities but not bending. Does anybody know if there is a significant difference in strength between bends and welds? I was thinking that I would try to get the middle section (where the winch mounts) bent out of a single peice but if it's not going to provide more strength I'm not going to go through the hassle. Also, I'm planning on 5/16" for the frame mounts and 3/16" for the rest. Is 3/16" enough for the front plate where the winch mounts? Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers
2003 Xterra
#7 Old 04-01-2013, 12:15 PM
johnkoch12
Noob

2000 Xterra
To follow up on this, I ended up buying a bumper from Logan Metal Works. I got the one without the pre-runner. I had them powder coat it black. I had it shipped to Sweetgrass Montana and I drove down there and picked it up. Contrary to what i had heard, the service was excellent. They don't immediately respond to all emails and call but WTF they run a small business (so do I) and have other things to do. They shipped exactly when they said, and the bumper was very well packed and received with no damage. I was 100% satisfied with the quality of the bumper, in fact it exceed my expectations in all ways. I have plasma cutting / welding capabilities but to be honest, if we had built our own it would have been far inferior to what I bought. Highly recommended. If anyone wants I would be happy to send a few pictures. Thanks to everyone for the help. John.
2000 Xterra
#8 Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
NoWhining
Veteran

2003 Xterra
NoWhining is on a distinguished road
Please post pictures of the bumper from Logan Metal Works. How bad was the cost with shipping?

When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Ski There Too!!
2003 Xterra
#9 Old 04-08-2013, 09:41 AM
johnkoch12
Noob

2000 Xterra
Pics of the bumper

Here is a picture (note my 1987 'Bavarian Ferrari' (BMW 635 csi) for sale in the background). The shipping was fine, it was $120 to Shelby, Montana. The bumper was extremely well packed and arrived with no damage. Sorry in delay in posting, working out of town a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper 4.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	11346  
2000 Xterra
#10 Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
stinch

2001 Xterra
stinch is on a distinguished road
Nice looking bumper. Also, is that a block heater plug coming out of your hood?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2001 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.