New Member Intro. - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 02-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Nline6
Noob

2000 Xterra
Nline6 is on a distinguished road
New Member Intro.

Hello All, Been an Xterra owner since.. well about 4 days ago. I picked up this 2000 Xterra, for about 1000 bucks. Its a 2wd and has 156k on it. Interior was filthy, exterior is real rough, for some reason the fender and drivers side doors have lost the shine, The grill is toast the headlights were yellow, oil was low and thick and coolant was a tad low as well but she runs great minus the annoying tick of the crack in the passengerside exhaust manifold. I have ripped out the interior and started to clean, steam cleaned the motor and the truck. My current fleet of cars include a 1999 BMW 528i sport wagon and a 2001 VW Jetta (wifes car) I wanted to get a project and I think I found one. I wonder how limited I am by the 2wd factor? I think new tires are in order, and I also thought about the PML. I also just got a bunch of parts in for my other cars so my hands are full and I am a happy camper! I have found a good amount of good info on this site so i thought I would sign up and introduce myself. Moar Photos:

Last edited by Nline6; 02-14-2013 at 08:47 AM.
2000 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-14-2013, 06:48 PM
dezurtrat
Mindless Modding Moderator

2008 Xterra
dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light dezurtrat is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to CX! Looks like you are off to a good start cleaning her up.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

NXRocks Sliders, BlueTorch Fab Diff Cover, Volant CAI with AEM Filter....More to come!
2008 Xterra
#3 Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
Welcome to CX.

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#4 Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
cbxterra
Veteran

2000 Xterra
cbxterra is on a distinguished road
welcome and have fun with the project. I suspect you're not too limited by 2 wheel drive. There's some videos here somewheres of one doing some off roading and it's pretty impressive. As you do routine maintanance- enjoy the #6 plug [insert evil laugh]
2000 Xterra
#5 Old 02-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Orlanda

2002 SC Xterra
Orlanda is on a distinguished road
Hi, welcome
U've got a beautiful truck there and good deal too! Can't wait to see what u do with it. U'll find tons of inspiration on this site, and help with anything u can think of!
2002 SC Xterra
#6 Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 AM
troyy03
Noob

2009 Xterra
troyy03 is on a distinguished road
hello,i am newbie here.
2009 Xterra
#7 Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Nline6
Noob

2000 Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbxterra View Post
welcome and have fun with the project. I suspect you're not too limited by 2 wheel drive. There's some videos here somewheres of one doing some off roading and it's pretty impressive. As you do routine maintanance- enjoy the #6 plug [insert evil laugh]
I know!! I was like where the heck? how the? hmmm. lol Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!
2000 Xterra
#8 Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Nline6
Noob

2000 Xterra
Litte more info about myself; My name is Bret, I am 27 and live in Portland Oregon, love anything with an engine, motorcycle rides, anything outdoors.. and yeah.. I am very happy to have a new toy!
Here are my other toys
2006 CBR600RR

Sportwagon

My Mini Off road machine

Why I need an Xterra

The wifes Jetta

I hope this Xterra is good and reliable? I will have to look up the best option to replace the manifold as I dont think going oem is wise due to cracking again? Is a torsion lift bad for the truck? Do Xterras like to roll? Whats the trick to the #6 plug? Is it normal(ish) to get a Evap code when your gas light comes on? How reliable are the Auto transmissions? I got lots of questions as this is all new to me. And yes I will search the forum. I am very mechanically inclined and have alwlays done all my own work. I have been going non stop on the Xterra since I got it.
2000 Xterra
#9 Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Ryandrew
Addict

2004 Xterra
Ryandrew is on a distinguished road
Welcome. Looks like you've got a few nice toys! There are How-tos and DIY's on here for most of your question, plus many more, so browse around. As far as reliability...I've had mine for 8 years/130,000 miles and its been nothing but great. Very few minor fixes, and some of them were caused by my own modding lol. Never had any transmission issues. For the pesky #6 plug you'll have to use a couple extensions and a swivel but it's not too bad. As far as the torsion bars, just be sure to maintain at least a 1/2" bump stop gap, and get an alignment based on the specs that are on here somewhere. You can also buy aftermarket UCA's and gain a total of around 3" in the front while maintaining proper alignment. As long as your safe I wouldn't worry about rolling, I've got a 2" body lift and I still feel comfortable about mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2004 Silver XE V-6 4x2
Inside: Pioneer HU w/ Bluetooth, Pioneer 6.5's, Kicker 12" sub, Kicker 250 amp
Outside:2" DIY BL, AC Shackles, Calmini UCA's and AAL, Calmini IAB, AC HD TRA's, Bandit IA bushings, Bilstein shocks around, 15x8 MB TKO wheels with 33x12.5 Duratracs, Bedlinered plastics, Plastidipped emblems, OEM add on fog lights, 20" LED lightbar, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, blacked out tail lights
Under the Hood: Stock air intake mod w/ K&N drop in

Last edited by Ryandrew; 02-15-2013 at 08:41 AM.
2004 Xterra
#10 Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Itsme
Phreak

2000 4x4 Xterra
Itsme will become famous soon enough Itsme will become famous soon enough
Hi and welcome to Club X

Itsme
2000 X SE

V6 SE 4X4 5spd Build and 00 Silver auto SE 4X4http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26084

Raise TBs (X), paint plastics (X), Replace radiator with one that is bigger and will last (X), install roof lights (X), IAB (X), better tires (X), shackles in rear(X), remove rear sway bar (X), Bilsteins (X)
2000 4x4 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.