I think my X was sabotaged. - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough
Garage
I think my X was sabotaged.

I'm a foreman for the company i work for and on Friday this new guy (couple months) was an hour late and decided he wanted to take an hour lunch without notifying me. I called it in to the boss and he was fired that day. He was pissed at me for getting him fired and looked like he wanted to knock my lights out. Drove home from work Friday and the truck ran fine. Didn't go out this weekend cause of the snow. (i know, poor excuse) This morning i was going to work and noticed some hesitation but no SES light came on. Figured it was bad gas or something but didn't give it too much thought. On the way home it really started chuggin and no power especially when i was coming off the gas. Stopped at an autoparts store, bought some seafoam, a new air filter, MAF cleaner and put some miracle oil in the gas. It seemed to help alot but still has a hint of hesitation left and still don't have the power i had before. I'll let it sit overnight and see how she is in the morning. If he messed with my X i'm gonna be pissed!
2001 SE Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
dmski
Seasoned

2000 Xterra
dmski is on a distinguished road
Ah man that sucks! hopefully it wasn't water in the gas tank... maybe something in the exhaust pipe?

2000 Xterra XE 5-spd

Build Thread: http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51338
  • [X] Light Bar with 4 Hella Lights
  • [X] 2 Rear Flood Lights
  • [X] CB/Firestick Install
  • [ ] Relocate Rear Axle Breather
  • [ ] Lobo Rack
  • [X] Seafoam
  • [X] Mudflap/sidesteps delete
  • [X] Window Vinyl
  • [X] Front Tow Hook Replace
  • [X] Tow Hitch Install
  • [ ] Rock Sliders
  • [ ] PML
  • [X] Front Winch Bumper/Plate
  • [X] Full 120xxx Mile Service
  • [X] Rear Cargo Organizer
2000 Xterra
#3 Old 02-11-2013, 03:55 PM
proudxterraowner
Addict

2009 S 4x4 Xterra
proudxterraowner is on a distinguished road
Mmm one less retard would be living in the world! No one messes with my X! I got a slight key mark down the passenger side of my X and let's just say I have one less "friend"

M'name's Hunter

2009 S 4x4
(X)Step rails and mud flaps removed
(X)K/N drop in
( )All Terrains or MTs
( )2" Lift
( )Fog Lights

Have a blessed day my fellow X'ers!
2009 S 4x4 Xterra
#4 Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 PM
cbxterra
Veteran

2000 Xterra
cbxterra is on a distinguished road
locking gas cap in your future? sounds to me like water or diesel in the gas maybe. only guessing though. Diesel you'd smell.
2000 Xterra
#5 Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
Tell me about it, I hate it when people mess with my ride! I pulled into my apartment complex not too long ago and as I was parking my lights ended up shining on this guy who was messing with the handle to my neighbor's van. I knew he wasn't the owner so I when I got out I asked him what was going on and he curtly replied, "None of your f***in business." and stormed off. The next day coincidentally I had a huge key mark from the headlights to the tail lights, and though I can't prove it I know it was him cause I caught him trying to break into someone's car.

Hope your efforts fix anything that might be going on Mike!
2005 Xterra
#6 Old 02-11-2013, 04:27 PM
StriderEF

2012 Pro4x Xterra
StriderEF is on a distinguished road
Hopefully not a banana in the tailpipe A la Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop...
2012 Pro4x Xterra
#7 Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 PM
ALPINE X
Addict

2000 Xterra
ALPINE X is on a distinguished road
He could have keyed a nice F*** YOU down the drivers side of your X like someone did to mine awhile back.

ALPINE X

MDXC (Maryland Xterra Club)
NeXterra (North East Xterra Club)
Xterra Nation (Self Explanatory)

Mods: 4 PIAA up top on self made lightbar, Yakima Loadwarrior, Yakima Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, Deleted steprails/mudflaps, Alpine CDE-122 Head unit, Polk MM6501UM Speakers, Alpine MRP-F300 Amp, JL-12W6v2 Sub, Painted Plastics, J.I.C. and Recovery Gear.
Build Thread
2000 Xterra
#8 Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM
NoWhining
Veteran

2003 Xterra
NoWhining is on a distinguished road
Maybe run a can of seafoam through and a full tank of gas, change the filter and see what you find.
Keep us posted and a curse on all those who mess with our X's (vehicles that is)...

When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Ski There Too!!
2003 Xterra
#9 Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Steeze
2009 Xterra of the year

2005 Xterra
Steeze has a spectacular aura about them Steeze has a spectacular aura about them
Yeah I would drain the gas....

That would be real shitty if he messed with your unit... hopefully it's a simple fix and just weird timing.
2005 Xterra
#10 Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 PM
robcarync
Phreak

2004 Xterra
robcarync has a spectacular aura about them robcarync has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
I'm not gonna fall for the banana in the tail pipe!

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >

Last edited by robcarync; 02-11-2013 at 09:54 PM.
2004 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.