airbag light now stays on - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
scottgas

2007 Xterra
scottgas is on a distinguished road
airbag light now stays on

I have a 2007 SE 2wd. Automatic, loaded. Jus passed 90,000 miles. Last weekend I pulled the front seats out to do some cleaning. No the airbag stays on. I checked the airbag fuse on the glovebox fuse panel and checked the plugs under the seats. All looks good. it didn't do this before pulling the seats. Any thoughts?
2007 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
Is it the main airbag light in the dash cluster or the passenger airbag notification that's on?
2005 Xterra
#3 Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
scottgas

2007 Xterra
scottgas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revu View Post
Is it the main airbag light in the dash cluster or the passenger airbag notification that's on?
Main one in the cluster. The only other thing I did to the truck that same day was lean the grill forward a few inches and stuff a few small pieces of weather stripping under the top lip of the grill to stop a squeaking issue I have been having. Are there any air bag sensors attached to the grill?
2007 Xterra
#4 Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
The crash sensor is attached the the bumper but below the grille... My thought is this has something to do with the sensors on the seats seeing as how they were removed and put back in. It's possible a pin might have gotten tweaked or bent when the harness was plugged back in and perhaps isn't making a good connection.

But there's a lot of information in the FSM in the SRS section

Hope you're able to trace that down without too much more hassle.
2005 Xterra
#5 Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 AM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
the page you need is srs-21 but much better explained on srs-30

I had to do this for my g35 after I pulled the seats to clean. Pretty much if you put the key in the ignition while the seats are removed it will trigger the light 100% of the time and it seems like if you pull the seats and dont put the key in its still about a 50-50 chance it will come on. The service manual explains it, but here it is slightly reworded since most of this part of the fsm was obviously written by an engineer and not someone who knows how convey thoughts to normal people.

Put the key in the ignition and turn to the on position but do not start the vehicle. count to 7 ( or the airbag light should go off after 7 seconds) within 1 second Turn the vehicle off for at least 3 seconds. repeat these step at least 2 more times.

I had trouble getting the timing right and just kept repeating it over and over about 5 or 6 times until the light went out.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.