Andrewz00
Noob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2012 Xterra
Andrewz00 is on a distinguished road
Gouldsboro, PA anyone?

Whats up all... ill be spending a long weekend in Gouldsboro, PA and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some trails?? Nothing too crazy but i would love to get my tires dirty!
2012 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Bklyn.X
Brooklyn br0

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2001 Xterra
Bklyn.X has a spectacular aura about them Bklyn.X has a spectacular aura about them
Garage
HA, I was just there this past weekend but did not get off road and havenít around there in years.
If you take 435 towards Billís and make the right onto Jubilee road, a little past the Hollister Reservoir but before the railroad tracks pass over the road there used to be an unmaintained road on the right. I think itís called Lehigh Road. It is legal to run and there were some hillbillies living up near the end of it where you would need to turn around. Very tame but if itís still unpaved itís kind of fun at speed. To the left as you enter there was a couple of hill climbs up to an area where the locals run quads and dirt bikes.
Like I said, itís been years since Iíve been in there so it might be more built up, paved or not legal but real close and worth checking out if ya got nothing else to do.
There is State land all around but you're not really supposed to be on the non-paved roads in there. You could run up into the State Park and see whatís there.
Iíve been down by the Hollister Reservoir off 435 with some locals a few years back but discovered it was ďnot exactly legalĒ and have not been back since. Iíve also gone down near the railroad tracks and run the dirt service road from the post office all the way to the Elmhurst Reservoir and was stopped once by a State Wildlife Officer who was more concerned that I might be fishing without a license than that I was on, what I latter discovered afterwards, was private land. Like I said, that was a few years back and theyíve gotten a lot stricter since the area has been built up. You might find some locals that will let you hang with them but I donít risk it. Itís not only a big fine but I think they take your truck.
Rausch Creek Off Road Park (linl) is about 1 1/2 hrs. away (directions). Great fun but you want to give yourself at least a day if you make the trip.

"...You see those cars that are completely stock cherry, right out of a dealerís showroom in 1955, I always think, what a waste.Ē
Tom + Bklyn.X
2001 Xterra
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Andrewz00
Noob

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2012 Xterra
Andrewz00 is on a distinguished road
Awesome man! Thanks! If i get over there ill be sure to report back!
2012 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.