Parkercx12
Seasoned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2000 SE Xterra
Parkercx12 is on a distinguished road
Question Maf Sensor

So I'm looking to replace my Maf sensor. For a few months now (off and on) my 2000 X will Idle rough and then sometimes choke and die. I dont have a code reader so I took my X to firestone to have a diagnostic ran. They told me the codes for the Knock sensor(go figure) and the Maf sensor had came up.

I have already read multiple treads on the KS, I understand its either really expensive to replace or a pain to do yourself and I have heard you can either do nothing or you need to do something thats not what im worried about.

What I want to know is what should I be looking for when buying a new Maf sensor. Im on a budget but dont want to stick cheap parts in my X. Has anyone done this and know of some reliable cost saving parts?
2000 SE Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
robotapartments
Seasoned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2000 Xterra
robotapartments is on a distinguished road
try cleaning it first, you can use maf cleaner or i use a little rubbing alcohol on a q-tip.

be really really gentle, if you brake one of those tiny little wires youll definately be buying a new maf
2000 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.