jeep bumpers on gen ones - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 PM
dymond

2004 Xterra
dymond is on a distinguished road
jeep bumpers on gen ones

Does anyone know if there are any jeep bumpers that will fit first generations? If they can be made to fit it seems like it may be cheaper to find one off of a totaled jeep.
2004 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
ryandavenport
Professional

2007 Xterra
ryandavenport is a jewel in the rough ryandavenport is a jewel in the rough ryandavenport is a jewel in the rough
I'm sure that you can make one fit, however, it will look crappy at best. I know there are others that have made other bumpers fit (xterror04 and his Toyota front bumper), however, Jeeps are about as flat as flat can get on the front, and the 1.5 gen X like you have isn't known for its 90 degree angles on the front. It may be functional, but it would be terribly ugly.

2007 Xterra S 4x4

Wheels, Tires, and Suspension
285-75 R16 BFG AT-KO, Pro-4X Wheels, 2" OME Lift

Armor
NXRocks Skids, TAG Rear Bumper, White-Knuckle Off-Road Rock Sliders

Exterior
Xoskel Bumper Mount Bracket, Blacked out Emblems, Weathertech Vent Visors, FOURTREKS Hi-Lift Mount, Wilson1000 CB Antenna

Interior
Pioneer AVHP3200DVD, Midland CB, Compass Mirror, Nissan All-Weather Floor Mats, Nissan Carpeted Cargo Mat
2007 Xterra
#3 Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 PM
drbandkgb
nXm3 Sept 2013

2000 Xterra
drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold
Who's to say... May be awesome.. Only one way to find out...

If you have the skills to make the needed changes.. Do it!
2000 Xterra
#4 Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM
GPD605X
Phreak

2005 Xterra
GPD605X will become famous soon enough
I know one guy did front and rear bumpers from a jeep... Can't remember his SN but it didn't look bad, but it didn't look great either.

2005 X SE 4x4
BFG AT's 285/70R17's, 2" Front Lift Spacers, Wheel Adapters, Custom Painted 17x8 Mazzi Sphinx II Wheels, Totron 40" LED Bar, Custom Front Winch Bumper, Airflow Snorkel, Stubby Antenna, custom grill and X battery tie down.

Mods to come:
Rear Armor, Winch, Skids and Sliders
1st Gen Build Thread
2nd Gen Build Thread
2005 Xterra
#5 Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 PM
GPD605X
Phreak

2005 Xterra
Here's one thread Jeep Bumper brackets FS?

The one guy, He had a Black 1st Gen and he lived in NY or NJ I think... I'm doing some searching

2005 X SE 4x4
BFG AT's 285/70R17's, 2" Front Lift Spacers, Wheel Adapters, Custom Painted 17x8 Mazzi Sphinx II Wheels, Totron 40" LED Bar, Custom Front Winch Bumper, Airflow Snorkel, Stubby Antenna, custom grill and X battery tie down.

Mods to come:
1st Gen Build Thread
2nd Gen Build Thread
2005 Xterra
#6 Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
People have already fit Toyota bumpers I'd start there. You are going to have to fab brackets and do some welding. If you can do that you might as well fab a whole bumper.

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#7 Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 PM
GPD605X
Phreak

2005 Xterra
FOUND IT! He did front and Rear bumpers from a jeep.
Jeep Bumper Retrofit

2005 X SE 4x4

Mods to come:
1st Gen Build Thread
2nd Gen Build Thread
2005 Xterra
#8 Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 PM
drbandkgb
nXm3 Sept 2013

2000 Xterra
drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold drbandkgb is a splendid one to behold
Having owned this bumper.. I think this one could work.. You will need to fab new mounts...

I paid 150 including shipping 2 years ago... Looks like they are 200 now.. plus ..maybe 100 to have a mount made... and it could be sweet.. The rears IMO would never look right...
2000 Xterra
#9 Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbandkgb View Post
Having owned this bumper.. I think this one could work.. You will need to fab new mounts...

I paid 150 including shipping 2 years ago... Looks like they are 200 now.. plus ..maybe 100 to have a mount made... and it could be sweet.. The rears IMO would never look right...
How wide is it? That's the issue is finding one wide enough to look right.

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#10 Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 PM
ryandavenport
Professional

2007 Xterra
ryandavenport is a jewel in the rough ryandavenport is a jewel in the rough ryandavenport is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerXXL View Post
How wide is it? That's the issue is finding one wide enough to look right.
Agreed. That bumper would make the X look like one of those people on Moonshiners with only two bottom teeth lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 Xterra S 4x4

Wheels, Tires, and Suspension
285-75 R16 BFG AT-KO, Pro-4X Wheels, 2" OME Lift

Armor
NXRocks Skids, TAG Rear Bumper, White-Knuckle Off-Road Rock Sliders

Exterior
Xoskel Bumper Mount Bracket, Blacked out Emblems, Weathertech Vent Visors, FOURTREKS Hi-Lift Mount, Wilson1000 CB Antenna

Interior
Pioneer AVHP3200DVD, Midland CB, Compass Mirror, Nissan All-Weather Floor Mats, Nissan Carpeted Cargo Mat
2007 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.