Heater Core won't get hot/stay hot.
I have been having issues with my heater for a bit and now it won't get hot or stay hot. Allow me to explain...
1. If I start the car and allow it to idle, the coolant temp rises, but the heater never gets hot. It does get luke-cold like it's trying, but no further.
2. If I start the car and switch to the heater while leaving the fan off, the heater core gets hot. Once I turn the fan on, the air cools off back to luke-cold.
3. The defroster does not defrost. Air blows, but no improvement.
4. recently replaced my cabin filters, all tests done with air in recirculation mode.
5. When it did work, it took some time to get warm.
6. Attempted to 'bleed' air out of the system, but not sure if that accomplished anything. Don't know if there is air in the system or a blockage.
I would like to say that I am somewhat skilled with working on cars. I'm good at following directions. I have a Haynes manual, but this is something I may need 'by-the-numbers'. Please have mercy on a poor xTerra lover's soul. This car saved my family's and my lives. I want to get it back in working order.