Lift Kit Question - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Jcholle
Noob

2005 Xterra
Jcholle is on a distinguished road
Lift Kit Question

Hey Guys,

So I am a wife of one of the guys on this page and I am needing some help on figuring out what would be the best gift to get him for Christmas.. I really want to surprise him so I made my own page so ask the questions.. hopefully he doesn't catch on.. but anyways, He has really wanted to put a lift kit on our 2005 Xterra for some time now, so I think it would be an awesome surprise to get him the kit... but.... I honestly don't have the first idea what I am looking for... i'm am totally lost when it comes to this kind of stuff, so I figured you guys would give the best advice without me having to spoil it and ask him for help...

THANKS!
2005 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough
Garage
For a simple 2" lift look here.

For the front:
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/xter...it-p-6227.html

For the rear:
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/xter...es-p-5595.html

There are many more options but that's the simplest and lease expensive.
2001 SE Xterra
#3 Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Jcholle
Noob

2005 Xterra
Thanks! So is that all I would need if i purchased both front and rear? doesn't seem as costly as I thought it was going to be.. And do you know what size tire would fit with that lift..? want to get him some big tires!
2005 Xterra
#4 Old 11-27-2012, 04:39 PM
robcarync
Phreak

2004 Xterra
robcarync will become famous soon enough
Garage
Those two components will be all you need.

For a 2nd gen xterra you can fit 33" diameter tires. For the actual tire size markings etc, it depends on which size rims you have on it...

I'll let someone else confirm for the tire size but I think for a 2005 it would be:

285/75/16

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra
#5 Old 11-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough
Garage
A stock 05 - present Xterra can fit 33" tires with no lift. 33x12.5 are the most common tires we buy. Just have to decide if you want them on the stock wheels or you want to buy other wheels for off road.
2001 SE Xterra
#6 Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM
ShiftingSkys
Phreak

2002 Xterra
ShiftingSkys will become famous soon enough
X3 on the 33x12.5 tires. I am assuming he will be keeping his stock rims. Which for an Xterra are R16.

The Lift they recommended is also probably the best bang for your buck. Especially if he has no plans for off-roading or a little light off-roading. 4x4parts.com which is the link that mike posted is your best bet for looking at lifts. They have ALL kinds.

2002 Nissan Xterra

Lifted and Ready to Roll!

Build Thread-http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38877
2002 Xterra
#7 Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Jcholle
Noob

2005 Xterra
Thanks guys for the advice.. We plan on keeping the stock rims.. Just upgrading to a beefier tire... I think the 2' lift will work the best... i'll post with updates and questions as they come.. =]
2005 Xterra
#8 Old 11-27-2012, 07:10 PM
robcarync
Phreak

2004 Xterra
robcarync will become famous soon enough
Garage
I want pictures on Christmas morning with a giant smile as he remembers the joy of having the latest and greatest toys under a tree

Now if only I could get my girlfriend to buy me car parts....hmmmmm

2004 Xterra 4X4

32" Cooper Discoverer ATP | Lokked and Dropped Front Diff |2.125" Lift Shackles | 3" UCA's | 3" Bils | 2" BL | TC IAB | Bandit 4x4 Idler Arm Bushings | Custom Bumpers | Shrock Sliders | RSB Delete | Snorkel | Cobra 19 DX III CB | 4' Firefly

Building my X

How To: < Remove Rear Sway Bar > < PML > < Re-Index Torsion Bars > < Lokk and Drop >
2004 Xterra
#9 Old 11-27-2012, 07:48 PM
xtacular
Spaz

2002 Xterra
xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough xtacular is a jewel in the rough
It's difficult to find a 33x12.5 for a 16" wheel. Even if you went 305/70/16 that's only 12" wide, and I could be wrong, but I think you would have issues with a tire that wide. Really most 2nd gens run 285/75/16, even with a lot more suspension lift than 2". Just beware that almost all tires in that size are load range E (heavy and stiff). You can find the occasional load range D but that'll still be heavier and stiffer than stock.

2002 Super Black 5 Speed 4x4
AC Shackles/UCAs, 2" BL, 33x10.5" BFG ATs on Desert Runners, ARB front bumper, Skid Row rear bumper, Calmini IAB, AC HD TRAs, Bandit 4x4 idler arm bushings, Bilsteins, K&N CAI, Magnaflow muffler, Doug Thorley Headers, some audio stuff, backup camera.
Shovel Mount
2002 Xterra
#10 Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
caseycamby
Phreak

2001 Xterra
caseycamby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarync View Post
I want pictures on Christmas morning with a giant smile as he remembers the joy of having the latest and greatest toys under a tree

Now if only I could get my girlfriend to buy me car parts....hmmmmm
X2 on THAT! Your husband must have found the perfect girl! I think I have some talking to do to mine....

2001 Xterra 4x4

Lift/Tires - 3" AC AAL SL, Revolver Shackles, 2" AC BL, 33x12.5 Duratracs, 15x8 Pro Comp 52 Rock Crawler wheels

Exterior - RLC Fab bumper, custom Baja light bar, Rage roof rack, White Knuckle rock sliders, Skid Row skids, Warn hubs, Cherry Bomb Extreme dual exhaust

Interior - Pioneer DEH-3200UB deck, Sony Xplod door speakers, 2 12" Kicker Comps in Kicker box, 350W Bolt amp, Cobra 75 WX ST CB, LED dome light conversion

"My Official Build Thread"
2001 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.