My Xterra is Dead - End of an Era - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 PM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation My Xterra is Dead - End of an Era

I am sad to say that my X has died for probably the last time.

The engine threw some stuff that was supposed to stay IN the engine OUT of the engine on Rt 195 on Wednedsay, making a load bang and a hole that spewed oil and smoke from under the hood in somewhat dramatic fashion.

I am working my ass off doing hurricane/disaster response work...and have zero $ to fix it.

I borrowed a car to get to work, etc, but, can't even buy another one...luckily I can borrow it for a while, but, its a nissan cube, and it can't get through even the beach properties I am working at, due to the large amount of debris on the streets, sink holes, etc.

So, with the X down for the count, no $ and no Time to fix or even replace it...I'm afraid I'm xterra-less in NJ.

-TJ

TJ's Build Thread ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11532

DIYS http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16434

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
That sucks TJ. Catastrophic failure like a connecting rod through the case?

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#3 Old 11-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Xterra Mike
Silver Submarine

2001 SE Xterra
Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough Xterra Mike is a jewel in the rough
Garage
i have a bottom end for ya! 500 bucks and a weekend and we'll get your truck up and running. (AGAIN)
2001 SE Xterra
#4 Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Mathster
Veteran

2001&2006 Xterra
Mathster is on a distinguished road
TJ... sorry to hear about your X... good luck.
2001&2006 Xterra
#5 Old 11-23-2012, 08:20 PM
sionnach
Addict

2000 v6 SE Xterra
sionnach will become famous soon enough
Wow - after everything that rig has been through. Hope you can get the help to fix it. And thank you for doing hurricane support

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

--
Todd
Seattle, WA

~85k miles (nov 2010)
[X] RED LED map lights [X] Thor Mod [X] PML [ ] Total Chaos IAB [X] Bilsteins [X] 32x11.50R15/C BFG A/T KO [ ] Tail Light Covers [ ] lighting package (top bar and bumper mount) [ ] UCA & AAL to finalize SL
[ ] Shrock front bumper [ ] “ Rock sliders [ ] “ Front skid plate [ ] “ Engine skid plate [ ] “ Tcase skid plate [ ] “ Gas tank skid plate [ ] “ Rear bumper [ ] Convert all stock lights to LED
2000 v6 SE Xterra
#6 Old 11-23-2012, 09:25 PM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
sorry to hear that. You definitely have one of the baddest xterras I have seen, but you just cant win with the engines can you.

good luck getting it all back together and running.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra
#7 Old 11-24-2012, 05:03 AM
timb.
Phreak

2001 Xterra
timb. will become famous soon enough
get someone with AAA premium to get it towed to Mike's and buy whatever you need off my rig.

"Last time I checked there are streets and parking lots in queens. Why not install it there?" I do....since you like quotes so much.
2001 Xterra
#8 Old 11-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Fzzt

2009 OR Xterra
Fzzt has a spectacular aura about them Fzzt has a spectacular aura about them
Oh man that sucks, sorry to hear it TJ.

Traded in all my project cars for a new Xterra, not an ounce of buyers remorse. My build thread
2009 OR Xterra
#9 Old 11-24-2012, 07:53 AM
BengbX
2001 Silver Xterra SE

2001 Xterra
BengbX is on a distinguished road
That really sucks

Is the engine even salvageable?

2001 Silver Xterra SE 4X4 (X in progress)
Mods: Lobo Rack, IAB, 3" Bilstein Shocks F&R, 2"BL, 3" SL. Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, AC HD Tie Rods, Bandit Bushing, B&M Light Bar, 4KC Lights, Painted plastic trim,. Rear Mounted Lights. Fully Shrocked front to back + under, 8" KC Rally Lights, 4ft Firestik Antenna, Cobra 75 WXST CB, Xtreme Hi-Lift Jack, Volant CAI. BFG 32 MT on Cragar Soft 8. Quadratec 11000 synthetic winch.
2001 Xterra
#10 Old 11-24-2012, 08:06 AM
timb.
Phreak

2001 Xterra
timb. will become famous soon enough
or wait till the my truck is stripped, buy it from Mike at scrap price and put you stuff from your other truck on it. if you don't have the money up front, I'm sure we can work out a payment plan.....

"Last time I checked there are streets and parking lots in queens. Why not install it there?" I do....since you like quotes so much.
2001 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.