I had an old car that had the antenna spap off. Well actually somebody was nice enough to snap it off while I was in a parking lot, but atleast they threw the antenna on the ground.
not sure how the xterra one mounts, but on that car, the antenna had the female connector and the base was the male. I took the base found a stainless screw that was the same thread pattern as the antenna, took the base off and drilled a hole in it and used a tap to thread the hole for the screw. I put a bolt on the antenna all the way up against the head and screwed it into the antenna until it was as tight as it would go. I had about 3/8" worth of threads left. then I used a dremel to cut the head off the screw and then took the nut off. the nut was on there to so that it would clean up the threads on the end you cut off as you were removing it. then I just screwed the antenna back into the newly drilled and threaded base. The base on that car was aluminum so it drilled out really easy and the metal was about 1/4 thick so it was enough to hold the screw in place without worrying about it bending and breaking off too easily.
Ignore everything I said, I looked at it today.
Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat
<<<-click for build
cut a bit
Lifted it more
welded a lot
cut some more
Got a winch
Parked until I can get a new steering setup.
Last edited by intender; 11-20-2012 at 07:11 PM.