Aftermarket Radio and speaker choice - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Xterraman1127
Seasoned

2003 Xterra
Xterraman1127 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Aftermarket Radio and speaker choice

I am having a hard time desiding on which aftermarket radio to go with. The two radios I have are a Kenwood KDC-X591 Excelon and a Dual XDMAR-6720 Both are great radios Ive own both of them for about 2-3 years now and dont know which one to pick. The Kenwood is a KDC-X591 it the Excelon on it and has a rear AUX and USB port that comes out from the back. It can do bluetooth but I dont know if it needs an adapter or not. The Dual is a XDMAR6720 It has a USB plug on the front. Two AUX plugs (one on the front one in the rear.) it also has Bluetooth, can read SD cards, and changes color, and can control iPods, iPhones, and iPads. Also im having a hard time picking door speakers. it has 2 6.5 inch on the front and the rear is 6x9. I already have a sub setup which is a 800 watt 2 Channel amp and 2 12 inch Kicker CVT shallow subs. what do you guys think would be best for me.
2003 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Tarditi
Veteran

2006 Xterra
Tarditi is on a distinguished road
I've had no experience with Dual - used to be a value brand, Kenwood has always been a solid performance brand.

I've had a few Kenwoods and been quite happy with them. My current one has BT and required no additional accessories or anything.

Dustin Tarditi
Raleigh, NC
2006 Granite S
2006 Xterra
#3 Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Delirious

2003 Xterra
Delirious is on a distinguished road
had a customer once that had to go back to walmart 5 times during my installation of his dual head unit to actually get one that worked and/or worked properly. i personally would never get any dual unless it was a vintage turntable...they made great ones.
2003 Xterra
#4 Old 02-09-2013, 10:16 PM
SC-Texas

2011 Xterra
SC-Texas is on a distinguished road
I went with kenwood. Seamless integration with the Rockford fosgate amps and speakers and steering wheel controls.

X. DNX9990HD. http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...tion/DNX9990HD. eXcelon 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver With Navigation/Bluetooth/HD Radio

X. CMOS-310. Universal Rear View / Front View Camera With Multi-View
2011 Xterra
#5 Old 08-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Xterraman1127
Seasoned

2003 Xterra
Xterraman1127 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys I'm going with my Kenwood deck with a Rockford Fosgate speaker system upgrade. Thanks again. And also my Kenwood deck is a older one that requires a Bluetooth adapter that I am going to buy off Ebay. Thanks again guys I'll have pictures up of what she looks like once I get everything installed.
2003 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.