Hello - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Dusty187
Noob

2002 Xterra
Dusty187 is on a distinguished road
Hello

So I guess I'm supposed to tell everyone a little bit about me, so here goes nothing. I'm a 27 year old conventional machinist who works in the research and development department of a mining equipment manufacturer. I've been around the trade since i was born, made my first part on a lathe at 10. I graduated from Nashville Auto Diesel College with an Associates degree and graduated recently from WVU with a bachelors in Advertising (don't ask it was a phase). I've got a 2002 X that has never given me any trouble until recently, thats why i joined the forum. I love this car and just want to keep it alive as long as possible.
2002 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Airmapper

2011 Xterra
Airmapper is on a distinguished road
Garage
Welcome! Machining is a very cool trade. I'm a Draftsman and work with guys like you every day, I got half a mind to switch over to that side myself if I get the chance, I took a few courses in machining and enjoyed it greatly.

2011 Xterra PRO-4X 6MT

2011 Xterra
#3 Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the club!

Mining tech is a great field to be in, that's really awesome, and I bet a lot of those skills transfer great into a whole lot of fields. Hope you're able to find the help you need to get whatever issues you may be experiencing taken care of quickly!
2005 Xterra
#4 Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM
intender
Phreak

2000 SE Xterra
intender will become famous soon enough
Garage
Welcome to the club. I was born in Greenbrier county. Lived in NC since I was about 5. Good to see somebody from that area not just falling straight into being a miner. I have lots of family still there and pretty much all of them went straight to the mines out of high school.

Apply dirt liberally, rinse and repeat

<<<-click for build
2000 SE Xterra
#5 Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Dusty187
Noob

2002 Xterra
Dusty187 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. Yeah I love what I do, (mostly because it keeps me above ground!) Airmapper you should switch over, I'm 27, and the next youngest person I work with is the same age as my father. So I guess i'm the last of a dying breed haha.
2002 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.