4x4Parts
Shift_Site_Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
00 Xterra
4x4Parts is on a distinguished road
November contest rules

Put down the candy -- it's now November, when our hearts turn fondly to thoughts of turkey, pilgrims, and what to get grandma for Christmas.

Despite the commercial symbols, this is a month when we take time to be thankful. And this year, many of us have just had a reminder of how lucky we are that our homes — or even just our heat, internet and cell phone connections — weren't swept away in the middle of the night. And, unfortunately, hard times don't always come in packages that attract media coverage. Sometimes it's a stalled car on your way to work, or a spouse that kicks you out one night and you have nowhere to go ... until a buddy answers your call and says "You can sleep on my couch."

We want to do a shout-out on the random acts of kindness our Facebook community throws out there every day. But don't tell just us ... let's tell the world. And 4x4Parts will reward one random winner each week with a $50 gift certificate to our store, in addition to our tweeting stories of how Nissan owners are impacting the world.

Entering our contest is easy. Go to you own web page, Twitter a forum you belong to (Nissan related or not) and post about one of these two topics:

1. How your Nissan helped someone out.

2. If you've never been involved in a community project, lived through a disaster, bailed out a buddy using your vehicle, post how 4x4Parts.com has made a difference with your Nissan.

Then bring us a link to your post and put it on our Facebook page. We'll do a random drawing among these links each week in November, so start sharing the good news!
00 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-11-2012, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
4x4Parts
Shift_Site_Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
00 Xterra
4x4Parts is on a distinguished road
Here's our first winner we drew for the $50 gift certificate. Congratulations to Kaelen:

My 1999 nissan frontier was the first pickup I have ever owned. Some guys make fun of a smaller pickup, but soon change their tune when this "little guy" is pulling them out. I have two stories of when my Nissan has earned its keep.

I pull out between 10 to 20 people a year from snowy ditches here in North Dakota, I never accept money, I just tell them to help out the next person they see needing assistance. You wouldn't believe the looks you get when you unhook the rope and say have a nice day. The first story is about a guy in his early 20's, like me, who was stuck in the median on interstate. Snow was about 2 feet deep and his new dodge ram was buried. I said hey, need a pull? he laughed and said umm yeah right, i got a tractor coming eventually cause i am pretty stuck. I said nonsense, lets just see if i can do it. He shut up when i was unhooking my rope after pulling him out on the second tug. I bet you he never told his buddies how he got out of that one.

Second story is really why I help anyone in need. It was 2 days before christmas 2 years ago and i was driving to a town about 25 miles away to have supper with a friend of mine. I see a turn signal on up ahead. I pull up to find an elderly lady sitting in her suv in the road. She said her left bulb was burned out so it looked like just a right blinker. She had hit a bump really hard in the road and her transmission was out. It was -18 out.... I checked the OBDII codes and there was a laundry list of tranny codes. She had a car full of presents for her grandkids who had just lost their dad the year before. I said where do you live? She said it was nearly 15 miles away. I said well, ill get the rope and pull you home. She could not imagine some stranger would do this. I turned on my amber strobe lights i have built into my truck and slowely but surely towed her to her front yard. She was going into her wallet to pay me and I said I never accept money. She nearly started crying, gave me a big hug and I left.

My "little nissan" will be remembered by many people even though they have no idea who I am or will ever see me again. The fact that it fires up like its warm when its -35 out ensures that anyone who calls needing help wont have to wait.
00 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.