Any thing Else besides ARB or Shrockworks - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 PM
01XterraPhilly
Addict

2001 Xterra
01XterraPhilly is on a distinguished road
Any thing Else besides ARB or Shrockworks

Hey guys,

Ive been noticing that there is a very limited market for front bumpers. As of right now all i can find is ARB and Shrockworks. I dont necessarily like how they look and for the price I think Shrockworks is hella expensive. Ive found this Warn bumper http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-s...k_bumper.shtml but it seems that they dont make stuff for Xs which is a damn shame. So my question is, is there anyone else? im not digging the 850-900 bumpers from shrock and the arbs are close but not my style..

any help is awesome!!!

2001 X 4x4 Auto
Remove Step Rails [X]
Paint stock wheels black []
31s General Grabber AT2 [X]
Paint roof rails black [X]
K&N Drop-in Filter [X]
Off Road Lights []
Custom Rock sliders [X]
Calmini IAB [X]
PML w/ Calmini Shackles [X]
2001 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-02-2012, 02:56 PM
RacerXXL
Administrator

2000 XE V6 Xterra
RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all RacerXXL is a name known to all
Garage
Fabricate your own or find a local fabricator to turn one out for you. Only other bumper I can recall off the top of my head is RLC Weld Fab

-Kelly- Build Thread

Then he showed those men of will what will really was. - Verbal Kint
2000 XE V6 Xterra
#3 Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
timb.
Phreak

2001 Xterra
timb. will become famous soon enough
railroad tie and some bolts.....
i'm not joking, people have done it.

"Last time I checked there are streets and parking lots in queens. Why not install it there?" I do....since you like quotes so much.
2001 Xterra
#4 Old 10-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Revu
Addict

2005 Xterra
Revu will become famous soon enough
I think it was Kennesaw Mountain Accessories that became the Tactical Armor Group. I like the way their bumper looks on the Xterra and it's cheaper than Shrocks - Wincher - though I'm sure freight shipping will add more to the grand total.

I've heard though that they take a long time to fab their products up, like 3-6 months processing time, but I don't know if that's accurate since they changed names.
2005 Xterra
#5 Old 10-02-2012, 04:05 PM
assassin_works
Veteran

2003 Xterra
assassin_works is on a distinguished road
to bad your to far i would build one for you
at material cost + labor
2003 Xterra
#6 Old 10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
lbishop
Veteran

2004 Xterra
lbishop is on a distinguished road
RLC fab is turning out some sweet bumpers for the xterra!!! His prices are reasonable, if im not mistake in the 700-800 or so range dependin on how you order your bumper and with what options... Definately who ill be dealin with when I finally get around to gettin a bumper for mine. Hell work with you on the design too which is a big plus.
http://rlcweldfab.com/index.php/stor...roduct=9437397

Id stay away from tactical armor group. There's not awhole lot of love out there for them if you start doin research. Who knows they might have got there act together after changin names. But to me its a shot in the dark to find out.

work in progress

265/75/16 Cooper Discover ST maxxs
pro comp 7032
Calmini UCA's
prg deaver 2nd gen aal
4x4parts revolver shackles
grassroots 4x4 centerlink
3 inch bilsteins
bilstein steering stabilizer
2004 Xterra
#7 Old 10-02-2012, 06:25 PM
M3C.CA
Addict

2003 Xterra
M3C.CA will become famous soon enough
Custom is the way to go...

You get something unique to your truck for a lot less than ARB/Shrock. Plus you can have specific features built into the design that you wouldn't get with a pre-designed bumper. For instance, I'm planning on removing the stock grill completely and tucking my driving lights in the space that will be free'd up once the grill is out of the way. I am having a front bumper built in a month or so and the design will incorporate a solid mounting solution for my lights in the grille area.

Same goes for any armor really. I took my local shop some photos of the White Knuckle first-gen sliders and they built an identical set in under two weeks. They charged me about 65% of the cost of the White Knuckle units and that's before you factor in tax and shipping to Canada (shipping on the sliders would have been $150 alone)!

mongrel in the making
BUILD THREAD

Last edited by M3C.CA; 10-02-2012 at 06:28 PM.
2003 Xterra
#8 Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 PM
ATFire22

00 SE Xterra
ATFire22 is on a distinguished road
hefty fab makes some ridiculously looking bumpers. good work from what i've seen i plan to get one once i find a 2nd gen.

MyX Build
00 SE Xterra
#9 Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 PM
xterrablack
Noob

2000 Xterra
xterrablack is on a distinguished road
RLCWELDFAB.COM Makes a great front bumper for the 1st generation. I placed my order earlier this year. Emailed back and for with options and had it built to my specs. Price was great and looks mean. I think with the only the front hoop weighed maybe 90 lbs, which is less than others.
2000 Xterra
#10 Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 AM
ALPINE X
Addict

2000 Xterra
ALPINE X is on a distinguished road
I'd stay away from TAG, I've heard nothing but bad things from them, i'd go RLC, way cheaper and everyone seems to love them. I helped install a Hefty front bumper (ciso1969) on a first gen that i'm guessing was just made for him and it was a monster bumper, thing was awesome although since he(hefty) caters to second gen Xs it had to be tweaked a tad but it still fit nicely and was awesome.

ps. Where in philly are you located, i often travel to St. Joseph's university if your anywhere around there.

ALPINE X

MDXC (Maryland Xterra Club)
NeXterra (North East Xterra Club)
Xterra Nation (Self Explanatory)

Mods: 4 PIAA up top on self made lightbar, Yakima Loadwarrior, Yakima Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, Deleted steprails/mudflaps, Alpine CDE-122 Head unit, Polk MM6501UM Speakers, Alpine MRP-F300 Amp, JL-12W6v2 Sub, Painted Plastics, J.I.C. and Recovery Gear.
Build Thread

Last edited by ALPINE X; 10-03-2012 at 11:12 AM.
2000 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.