Body lift or UCA lift? - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
smokedterra

2000 Xterra
smokedterra is on a distinguished road
Body lift or UCA lift?

Im wanting to lift my 2000 X and was trying to figure out which way would be best. Ive done a 1" PML now but I need more lift. also, im trying to figure out how to add a pix as my main picture for my profile. any help? thanks, Matt
2000 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-21-2012, 02:19 PM
M3C.CA
Addict

2003 Xterra
M3C.CA will become famous soon enough
Type of lift you want depends on what size tires you want to run... All the body lift does is lift the body away from the frame to clear bigger tires so if you want to at some point run 33s (or 285/75R16 in metric size) like most of us, do the body lift. If you're happy with stock sized tires, do the suspension lift (UCAs plus add-a-leaf).

To change your avatar or profile pic, click 'User CP' in the column on the left-hand side of your screen. On the next page you will see options for 'Edit Avatar' and 'Edit Profile Picture'.

mongrel in the making
BUILD THREAD
2003 Xterra
#3 Old 02-21-2012, 03:03 PM
smokedterra

2000 Xterra
yea i mean i wanna run 33's on it. so jw, how hard is it to install a body lift? Ive never done one myself. do you think a 2" BL be good enough?
2000 Xterra
#4 Old 02-21-2012, 04:58 PM
M3C.CA
Addict

2003 Xterra
M3C.CA will become famous soon enough
I don't have much experience at all working on rigs and I installed my 2" BL with a couple buddies (I did 95% of the work) in about 6 hours following this guide: http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2191

FYI you don't need the full kit found on 4x4parts.com, you can piece together the lift for about $65-80 by just buying the hardware and lift pucks. More info here: http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2151

mongrel in the making
BUILD THREAD
2003 Xterra
#5 Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Badbet
Phreak

2004 Xterra
Badbet is on a distinguished road
Before my X I had literally no mechanical experience and basically did my body lift by myself in a day. Totally doable. And I'm a dummy.

nox noctis est nostri
2004 Xterra
#6 Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 PM
smokedterra

2000 Xterra
Oh OK. Yea I'm trying to give my x a better look. Do y'all got any suggestions? I know talks look like y'all have done alit to yall's.
2000 Xterra
#7 Old 02-22-2012, 06:02 AM
TJTJ
Sage Mentor/Moderator

TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold TJTJ is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedterra View Post
Oh OK. Yea I'm trying to give my x a better look. Do y'all got any suggestions? I know talks look like y'all have done alit to yall's.
The BL is to fit larger tires....so that one is best if you want larger tires.

The SL is to raise the frame...so that one is best if you want to raise the frame.

"BEST" is based on what its FOR....

If all you want is to look taller in the mall parking lot, its a lot cheaper to do a 2-3" BL than a 3" SL, AND, with the BL, you can add larger tires, which lift you up even higher.

For example - If your stock tires are 29", going to 33's lifts the entire rig, diffs, axles, body, frame, etc...about 2" higher.

If you also did a 2" BL to FIT the 33's, you are 2" taller from that as well, for a total of 4" added height over where you are now.

If you already have a PML (1" SL), adding UCA/3" SL will raise you a total of 2", and you could fit up to a 32" tire...which would lift you about 1.5", for a total added height of ~ 3.5" over where you are now.

If you want it to work best off road, you do BOTH of course.

-TJ

TJ's Build Thread ---> http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11532

DIYS http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16434

2001 Xterra SE, 2003 V6, 5 spd, Shrock Sliders, Bumpers and Skids, Warn 9.5xp Winch w/125' MasterPull II, OBA w/4Gal Tank & 4 CFM Compressor, Revolver Shackles, Deaver 3-Pack + Calmini 2-Pack + OEM Leaves, Bilstein 5150, SLR UCA, Diff Drop, 3" SL, 2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, Electric Fan Swap, etc...
#8 Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
smokedterra

2000 Xterra
Now if I do the 2" Puck lift, do I need to drop my radiator too? Cuz the kit I had looked at said it comes with a radiator drop kit. And what's a good/affordable SL kit? Cuz all I've seen is like calamini and its like $1200 for 3"
2000 Xterra
#9 Old 02-22-2012, 10:06 AM
ALPINE X
Addict

2000 Xterra
ALPINE X is on a distinguished road
4x4parts.com has a 3"SL kit for 980.

ALPINE X

MDXC (Maryland Xterra Club)
NeXterra (North East Xterra Club)
Xterra Nation (Self Explanatory)

Mods: 4 PIAA up top on self made lightbar, Yakima Loadwarrior, Yakima Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, Deleted steprails/mudflaps, Alpine CDE-122 Head unit, Polk MM6501UM Speakers, Alpine MRP-F300 Amp, JL-12W6v2 Sub, Painted Plastics, J.I.C. and Recovery Gear.
Build Thread
2000 Xterra
#10 Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 AM
ShiftingSkys
Phreak

2002 Xterra
ShiftingSkys will become famous soon enough
You say you did the PML. Poor mans lift. Cant you get 2" out of the PML to clear 33's? That is what I have read. One of the other members will know.
4x4Autoparts.com Has a good one for $420 for a BL

2002 Nissan Xterra

Lifted and Ready to Roll!

Build Thread-http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38877
2002 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.