All previous mods and few stock parts

To/do or Wish list!
Fan shroud
A/T tires
HAM system
Better suspension
ABLS
Tachometer (make it work)
camper conversion (use your imagination)

LINKS

Start of the conversion HERE

Engine mounts HERE

Wire harness work, test fitting, fuel filter/oil filter bracket making, and lower coolant pipe construction HERE

Running, and driving videos HERE, and HERE

Washed pictures, more test driving but in a follow car, and F/R bumper install HERE

3K miles later a Photo OP, Trail testing, and balancer replacements HERE, and HERE

Wheeltober Fest HERE

Part numbers List HERE

STOCK:

PML,STEP AND MUDFLAP REMOVAL:

NEW SHOES AND CUSTOM ROCKSLIDERS:

AC 3" LIFT W/ REVOLVERS:

THE ORIGINAL (IN STOCK BUMPER) WINCH MOUNT:

RTT:

NISMO CATBACK:

NEW SHOES AND SNORKEL:

BEFORE THE ENGINE PULL:

And How it sits now

See less See more
#4 ·
Will you do a post/picture engine install thread? I would love to see the details, with a diesel swap being a dream of mine... for the future... sigh.

Sick X.
possibly, but not sure as when i start a project i am really lax on pictures and it definitely would not be step by step like most posts here and it my be a failed how to thread like my hidden winch install thread i posted here a few years back.

#14 ·
Cant wait to see what engine it is. Thats what I had always dreamed of doing even before I had the X. (What your doing now). The front hole on the drivers side is to make two inputs for the snorkel right? So it gets air from 2 places or I assume wrong?
The first hole up front was from a previous snorkel fitting of one i was molding up for production, but didn't like it so it is just a hole lol. The longer one near the door was a low profile one like the guys thought up here, just modded to my liking until i nearly took it off on a trail.

#17 ·
Great looking rig. Sub'd for that engine swap :)

#18 ·
Did you do your snorkel the same as the other ones? or did you do something else? Write up?

Also I can't wait to see what engine you throw in the X.
Followed the low pro snorkel thread on here but wanted mine at the roofline, so guesstimated on the hole, cut it and installed... all that was different was the hole, just nerve wrecking cutting a hole that big in the fender.

#20 ·
Followed the low pro snorkel thread on here but wanted mine at the roofline, so guesstimated on the hole, cut it and installed... all that was different was the hole, just nerve wrecking cutting a hole that big in the fender.

Wow, that looks awesome. I dont know if I want a roofline snorkel, but if I do, I might ask for you to make a template. Even though that is such a large hole, it looks very clean.

Well done.

#21 ·
Where can I find a Nismo catback for my 04 x. My buddy just got one for his frontier and I really like it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I don't like mine... supposed to be stainless steel but apparently is a low grade of stainless because mine has some rust on it. It sounds good but besides that I really don't care for it. I found mine on ebay a couple years back for like $300 or so. That will be another item I may or may not end up selling, as I think i may be getting a compete exhaust system made up for it instead of using the muffler back as I originally planned.

#22 ·
Wow, that looks awesome. I dont know if I want a roofline snorkel, but if I do, I might ask for you to make a template. Even though that is such a large hole, it looks very clean.

Well done.
I don't think you would want a template lol, it is rough believe it or not. I will most likely be replacing the fender and trying an different style of snorkel system with the conversion.

#23 ·
I don't like mine... supposed to be stainless steel but apparently is a low grade of stainless because mine has some rust on it. It sounds good but besides that I really don't care for it. I found mine on ebay a couple years back for like $300 or so. That will be another item I may or may not end up selling, as I think i may be getting a compete exhaust system made up for it instead of using the muffler back as I originally planned.
Oh well if you decide to sell it in the next month or so let me know. I'd be really interested in buying it as soon as the income tax money finds it way into the bank account lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#24 ·
Blackx09 if you really want the exhaust just pm me and we will work something out possibly. As for the truck, it is running now but still need the TIG unit to fab up the chassis side mounts, because both mounts had to be cut off the frame. Another hint... I love the turbo whistle :D . I am thinking of posting pic but I dunno if I still wanna wait or not. Anyhow I still have a/c, chassis to engine wiring, engine mounts, throttle linkage/cruise control, radiator hoses, radiator shroud, and full exhaust to worry about.

#25 · (Edited)
STILL GOOD.. JUST NOT MY CUP OF TEA:

OUT SHE GOES:

I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS DAY ALL MY LIFE IT SEEMS:

JUNK IMO BUT FOR SALE IN GOOD CONDITION :)

All engines laid out

vg33e removed, Motor mounts cut out and diesel auto transmission installed

My lovely wife showing me how to put the diesel in (this is the 6th test fit, 1st with transmission mating for exact fitment)

Starting the day with starbucks, and hooking everything up and prepping for proper positioning (look at that big arse wiring harness I need to sort out!)

Putting the body back together as it doesn't get in my way at this point and to get an idea of how it will look completely finished.

Another angle

It belongs in there...

Here is a vid of the second test startup, running

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.