Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Stinger Edition Build/ Adventure Thread

6K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  scott-bc 
#1 ·
Ok well this is long over due I think. I have trolled this forum for about seven months and have commented and started some of my own threads and also have done some of the diys. So I will start with some pics then some up coming ideas. I am going to use this as a dual purpose thread to help with my build and a place to talk about some trail rides that I go on. Heres the pics;

Fresh and before club x,

My sticker that is always a conversation piece when i miss days at work;

My first add on was a 2inch bl that I bought from a fellow xer, and the lights and light bar. It is similar to a bnm bar. I made it with a grinder, hammer concrete wall for the curves and a drill. It is painted with rubberized undercoating;

I also added a CB,

My new diy snorkel

And last but not least I just bought a full set of skids off of cl for 200 and I have sanded down all the surface rust and cleaned out all of the scratches on the skids. I am painting them blue then putting them on hopefully before friday. They are from skid row and it is the front engine trans and tranfer case skid. This will replace my broken from coal creek stock skid, lol.

The front skid will be blue with a pic of a angry hornet still in black. Sorry this was so long

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok well I got the shackles for the pml and a bonus got a used iab, thank you echo_nine (think i did that right). So this weekend is sanding down those two parts and painting the blue as my skids are. I have two of the three skids on and will add the last one when I do the pml. I have to get the camber bolts to get an alignment after the pml. Can I have them cut out the old ones or is it cheaper to do it my self?

#6 ·
Great deal on the skids!

I have to get the camber bolts to get an alignment after the pml. Can I have them cut out the old ones or is it cheaper to do it my self?
It'll be much cheaper to do it yourself.

#10 ·
^^Just think you are that much closer to Coal Creek :)

#14 ·
Looking good!

Sent from The Dark Side

#16 ·
Now your talking. I like the progress.

#18 ·
Ok so I am really happy with the pml. I like the height and note its time to start making my sliders.

I think I am going to do a one bar set up but plan to have them finished by the end of august. Any one got any metal they want to get rid of?

#19 ·
That looks really good, YB.

Sent from The Dark Side

#22 ·
Truck is looking good. :biggrin:

Thank you. After last weekend I realize what I need to continue in the rough stuff. Here is what is on the chopping block. I am fabbing up some sliders at the end of next month. After nxm I will start fabbing a front winch bumper and a winch. Rear tire carrier. Hopefully that will be done by christmas and next year I want front locker.

Here of the rest of the knob trip.

#25 ·
Ok so now for some news. I got my firestik mini mount kit in yesterday. Awesome!!! I ordered it on the 30th of june and finally on the 9th of july it came. I know it isnt that long of a wait but I am like a kid when it comes to x stuff. So I installed it last night and will get a pic of it when my phone charges. Here is the kit it self.

#26 ·
So here is alittle update on what is going on here. On August 4th I am going to Prentice cooper with some other members all is welcome if you want to go. here is the link

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38187&page=2

I am getting everything ready for NXM2. I am really excited about it, wish it was September 19th and everything I need done was done already. I hope to see a bunch of you guys out there that would be cool.

Now some of the things I want to get done by then is I want to have all of my fluids changes. duh that is just common sense. I am going to fab up some quick disconnect mirror mounts in august after the pc ride and hopefully make some sliders for NXm but I am not just on time yet.

I will post up pics and more details on the pc ride after it happents. Oh and I got my firestik mount and antenna up I will take a pic today and post it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.