Power Window Problem - 2000 Xterra - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM
AfroJimbo
Noob

2000 Xterra
AfroJimbo is on a distinguished road
Power Window Problem - 2000 Xterra

I have an issue with the driver's side power window. For a long while, in order to roll the window up, I had to push the switch a little to the side and apply a little extra pressure when pulling up on the switch.

Rolling down was never an issue. Now, however, that little trick doesn't work and the window won't roll up at all.

I have removed the master switch assembly from the door and wiring. How can I test to see if it's the master switch box or something more? Can I test anything first without having to take apart the entire door?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AfroJimbo; 08-09-2011 at 01:12 PM.
2000 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 PM
AfroJimbo
Noob

2000 Xterra
AfroJimbo is on a distinguished road
Alright, I actually figured this out on my own and thought I share in case someone needs help in the future (Hi future, do we have hover boards yet?!?!)

WARNING: I'm a complete idiot when it comes to electrical work so don't take any advice I give here without taking the appropriate safety precautions. I'd tell you what the appropriate safety precautions are but I have no idea...I'm that clueless.

I found a wiring diagram on nicoclub.com (link was found on this forum) and after a few hours of trying to figure the damn thing out, it hit me that I could bridge a couple of the wire connections together to try roll up the window without having to use a switch (duh right?)

I connected wires 2 (white) and 16 and then 10 (black) and 12. It rolled right up. So looks like it is just the switch.
2000 Xterra
#3 Old 08-10-2011, 04:31 PM
outwiththeold
Addict

00 Xe 4x4 Xterra
outwiththeold is on a distinguished road
I had three on my 2000, get it from switch doctor on e-bay #901-800,they have a great warranty.

warn manual hubs,PML, and a ditched rear sway bar.K&N Drop w/ resonators removed.Plastics Repainted Black.
00 Xe 4x4 Xterra
#4 Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 PM
rjr162
Phreak

2001 Xterra
rjr162 will become famous soon enough rjr162 will become famous soon enough
You can also try to disassemble the rocker to get to the contacts. They can get dirty/corroded over time. I've had to fix a few for people over the years (saturns, PT Cruisers, and a few GM trucks that way)
2001 Xterra
#5 Old 08-10-2011, 09:37 PM
ryguy
Addict

2000 4X4 Xterra
ryguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
an easier way to get windows up are to take wire from the + on your battery and put it right to the window motor itself, bypassing EVERYTHING. that SOB rolls up quick too. thats also a good way to discover whether or not it is the motor that is bad.

E-bay is definitely the way to go for a new switch. i think i was in about $55-60 shipped.

What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

2000,4X4, 5 SPEED 31" BFG A/T's, PML,BILSTEIN HD ALL AROUND,HID,GPS, SIRIUS, CUSTOM PLASTICS, YAK BASKET, SKI RACK, CAI MOD W/K&N DROP IN, EXHAUST LEAK.
2000 4X4 Xterra
#6 Old 04-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Snoopy
Noob

2000 Xterra
Snoopy is on a distinguished road
Thanks - for the little things

Thanks to all you posters for asking and answering things like this. I have been looking for this for awhile & was even wondering if the vendor listed would be reputable. Here on my first day on the forums - My questions answered.
I'm ordering this morning.

Sometimes these little questions are the most frustraiting to find simple answers to.

I appreciate all the helpful attidudes I am finding here.
2000 Xterra
#7 Old 05-08-2012, 09:36 PM
CynicalBard
Noob

2000 Xterra
CynicalBard is on a distinguished road
Switch is on sale at Amazon for $37 from Switch Doctor
2000 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.