Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Drake's '04 SE S/C Silver Ice (Facelift complete)

58K views 246 replies 73 participants last post by  Drake 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm bored and we have a new category to fill so I present to you the evolution of my X... callsign X-Ray 1:

Bonestock

PML and 2" BL

This is a close profile to see a good before and after shot:

Compared to an '01 stock Pathy:

The difference in the shifter heights after the BL:

View of the trailer hitch after the BL:

And my favorite poser shots thus far (PML only):

Now I have an ongoing thread where I can watch my baby grow up! :mocking: (Not quite as cool as pvfjr's but it will have to do)

Really though... thanks guys. I think this is a pretty good idea and will definitely help with XOTM nominees I think.

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad you like it! Part of the site pimping that we are doing. I think this site might be the most active X site now.....possibly

#6 ·
Yeah maybe I should've added that part in. The 2 cliff shots were taken right after I did my PML. Plus in the first comparison shots you also are seeing mine bonestock with the steprails and mudflaps. With those removed it sorta gives the illusion of being much taller. But it's still a noticeable difference... especially to others. I just can't wait to burn up those friggin' tires so I can get 33's. Then it's on to armor.

#7 ·
I've seen several posts lately about guys wondering what their bonestock X can do. Thought I would post a few more pics of a couple of my wheeling trips back when mine was completely stock. Maybe it will give them a better idea. Keep in mind that the harder stuff I went through I couldn't get pics of because... well... you can't exactly park when you only have 3 wheels on the ground and facing downhill and just hop out and snap a pic. hahahaha

This is a shot on the Tennessee River near my house. The water was down so I thought I would do a little beachcombing.

Prentice Cooper WMA near Chattanooga, TN.

Coal Creek OHV Park

That last pic shows one time that I was really worried about my X. I couldn't turn back and I just knew I was about to get stuck or tear something up. Luckily I did neither.

I've only been stuck once in all of my trips and I was being stupid when that happened. Don't try to cross a shallow river to get to a sandbar in 2WD... just a little FYI. :mocking:

#11 ·
Aside from the rear bumper, the install was pretty basic and straightforward. The rear bumper was a PITA on the reinstall though. Getting it trued up right and having to notch the lower part of the bumper to fit over the frame rails was an unexpected chore.

I also had to trim my tranny hump to be able to shift to 4-low but it wasn't a major issue. Only trimmed a 2" square piece out using a hacksaw and tin snips. Everything is working great now. It makes a lot more creaks and groans now but that's expected. It's nice riding high like that, especially when you park next to a stock X somewhere... you just get that "HAH! Mine's bigger than yours!" feeling. hahahaha

#12 ·
Drake said:
Aside from the rear bumper, the install was pretty basic and straightforward. The rear bumper was a PITA on the reinstall though. Getting it trued up right and having to notch the lower part of the bumper to fit over the frame rails was an unexpected chore.

I also had to trim my tranny hump to be able to shift to 4-low but it wasn't a major issue. Only trimmed a 2" square piece out using a hacksaw and tin snips. Everything is working great now. It makes a lot more creaks and groans now but that's expected. It's nice riding high like that, especially when you park next to a stock X somewhere... you just get that "HAH! Mine's bigger than yours!" feeling. hahahaha
one of my favorite things in the world

#13 ·
Face Lift

Ok... so today I'm washing the pollen off my X and giving it a really much deserved bath (Alabama red dirt is a bitch btw). My driveway looked like the Colorado River at flood stage.:hilarious:

It was going to be a couple of hours before I was meeting my buddies so I decided to ditch my brushguard. I've been wanting to do it for a while but wasn't sure what to do with my KC's or the brushguard itself once I took it off. I figured I'd cross that bridge when I got there. Anyways... here's the end result:

The KC's were easy to remount. On the underneath side of the bumper there are 2 existing holes (I believe 5/16") that I drilled out to 1/2" to fit the KC mounts. Thanks to the new gap created by the 2" BL they fit nicely inside of the open area.

Next pic... the skid plates! F*** Yeah Dot com!

#15 ·
As long as you don't break them there, I KNOW that I would. I've got a problem with destroying license plates too, so I made the one on the X removable.

#16 ·
Yeah that's more or less a temporary set-up. My wheelin' days are gonna be on hold for a while until I can my auto-hub or whatever the hell is broke in the front end fixed. Once I have the cash, I'm picking up 2 more KC floods to go with those 2 spots and put them on a lightbar.

I've got rock shields for them but I didn't have them on for the pics. I've got to align the beams tonight and I'll cover them up after that.

G
#18 ·
Sweet!!

Drake said:
Ok, I'm bored and we have a new category to fill so I present to you the evolution of my X... callsign X-Ray 1:

Bonestock

PML and 2" BL

This is a close profile to see a good before and after shot:

Compared to an '01 stock Pathy:

The difference in the shifter heights after the BL:

View of the trailer hitch after the BL:

And my favorite poser shots thus far (PML only):

Now I have an ongoing thread where I can watch my baby grow up! :mocking: (Not quite as cool as pvfjr's but it will have to do)

Really though... thanks guys. I think this is a pretty good idea and will definitely help with XOTM nominees I think.

NICE PHOTO MONTOJ....:thumbsup-big:Sweet!!!

#19 ·
Thanks!

This is an ongoing post. Everytime I do a mod, the pics will go here. Kind of like a history of my X. hahaha

#20 ·
Finally! I got 'em on! Now I see why it says you need a floor jack to install the engine/tranny skid. That mofo is heavy! For anyone who plans to add skids, make sure you have a friend to help AND a floor jack!

Anyhow, here's the end result:

#23 ·
Thanks... those actually are not cropped. I don't have any type of photo editing software except for the Photostitch program that came with my camera. The camera gets the credit for the photos. I friggin' love it! It's nothing great but it does more than enough for me. It's a Canon S3 IS.

#25 ·
Creepy C is working on a few ideas for me from some tatt art he has. I've narrowed it down to a tribal type samurai image or a nice n nasty skull and bones. Waiting to see what he comes up with because I bet it will be much cooler than what I've found so far.

#26 ·
SHE'S COMIN ALONG NICELY
pimp shiz man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.