Rear wiper blade replacement - Nissan Xterra Forum

#1 Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Dimo
Veteran

2004 Xterra
Dimo is on a distinguished road
Rear wiper blade replacement

I searched around and didn't find anything or maybe I'm just having one of those idiot moments. Is there a specific brand I need to use? I picked up an Anco 14 inch because that was the only one in the correct size, but it will not fit on the wiper arm. Any help would be appreciated!
2004 Xterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-14-2011, 02:28 PM
miskywhisky
Phreak

2000 Xterra
miskywhisky will become famous soon enough miskywhisky will become famous soon enough
its the pretty common u hook, i just bought an anco one saturday and it went on fine, it was in the grey package not the yellow and blue.
2000 Xterra
#3 Old 04-14-2011, 02:29 PM
chuckamazuk
Phreak

2004 Xterra
chuckamazuk will become famous soon enough chuckamazuk will become famous soon enough
It will. The plastic part on the arm pops off with some work. Then you just see the "J" hook at the end of the arm. At that point it will fit.

Chuck

Armor: Custom Sliders [built by me] - RLC Front Bumper - Skidrow Front, Eng/Trans, and TC skids
Lift: PML (AC) - 2" BL (DIY)
Lighting: PIAA 525 x 2 & Hella FF75 x 4
Steering: Calmini IAB - Bandit4x4 IAB Bushings - HooHaa CL - AC HD TRAs
Tires: 285/75R16 DuraTracs
Winch: ENGO E10000S

Write-Ups: Shocks & IAB :: "Homelink" :: Custom Light Bar :: Power Inverter :: Wiring

Build Thread
2004 Xterra
#4 Old 04-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Dimo
Veteran

2004 Xterra
The one I got was in a yellow and blue pack. It was the only one they had. The end of the wiper arm is a box and it is permanently attached. The old wiper blade just had a gap in the middle and attached to the box portion very loosely.
2004 Xterra
#5 Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM
chuckamazuk
Phreak

2004 Xterra
chuckamazuk will become famous soon enough chuckamazuk will become famous soon enough
That box is not permanently attached. I was able to pry mine off (I think it popped in half). Once it is off then it looks like a normal wiper blade arm.

Chuck

Armor: Custom Sliders [built by me] - RLC Front Bumper - Skidrow Front, Eng/Trans, and TC skids
Lift: PML (AC) - 2" BL (DIY)
Lighting: PIAA 525 x 2 & Hella FF75 x 4
Steering: Calmini IAB - Bandit4x4 IAB Bushings - HooHaa CL - AC HD TRAs
Tires: 285/75R16 DuraTracs
Winch: ENGO E10000S

Write-Ups: Shocks & IAB :: "Homelink" :: Custom Light Bar :: Power Inverter :: Wiring

Build Thread
2004 Xterra
#6 Old 04-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Dimo
Veteran

2004 Xterra
Upon closer observation with a knife and a hammer, I was able to break off the box as well. It was pretty solid on there. Thanks for the help guys!
2004 Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Xterra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.