Join Date: Mar 2011
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I have found the cure for P0328 error code. There is no need to take the manifold off and pay up to 500 usd for fixing this. This is what you do:-
1. Turn engine off.
2. Disconnect positive battery terminal.
3. Unbolt engine GROUND BOLT and clean with a metal brush. I also cleaned the hole where the bolt goes with my 270 rifle cleaning brush.
4. Tighten engine ground bolt.
5. Connect the positive battery terminal.
6. Eliminate the error code with a scanner of your choice.
Engine ground is a good thought but the knock sensor is a resistor which changes ohms when it detects pings from the engine. Once it recognizes engine ping it retards the engine timing. Most knock sensor seems to deteriorate in a few years and requires replacement. I think a good solution is to replace it with a 560, 000 ohm resistor and hope that you don't ever have any serious pinging.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|